Has Anyone Successfully Unlocked their Nokia Lumia 920 through 3rd Party Source?

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
so got an unlock code from mobilefun.co.uk only for it to be the wrong one. The lumia phones have a code thats strictly numbers, no hashes, letters or stars. the code i got was similar to this format #pw+418636523456123+1# . Now have to wait for customer services to get back.

avoidconfusion

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
so got an unlock code from mobilefun.co.uk only for it to be the wrong one. The lumia phones have a code thats strictly numbers, no hashes, letters or stars. the code i got was similar to this format #pw+418636523456123+1# . Now have to wait for customer services to get back.

With all Nokia phones (apart from Lumia) you had to enter the following:
#PW+UNLOCKCODE+1#

To unlock your phone.

With the Lumia you only need to put in a non EE Sim Card and when prompted for a code type in 418636523456123
The code I received from UnlockFrog started with a 9 though so maybe the code itself is indeed wrong?
Might be worth a try though if you haven't tried it already.

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Just enter the numbers - I got the same and tried just the numbers and it worked. When I say the numbers, I just entered the numbers in the middle of the + +.

In your example, that would be 418636523456123

catclaires

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Someone in the UK has successfully unlocked their phone through fonefunshop and the code only took 5 days to arrive (more info on the Nokia Lumia 920 thread in the Overclockers UK forum)...

yustheman

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
hello thanks for the replies, I have tried what the above poster has said and can confirm it works,
Thank You
Yus
now to use this phone on the o2 network after a month of gathering dust lol....

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Those who are saying they unlocked their phones.

What carrier are they locked to? At&t? Rogers?

I think the recent successes are from UK customers, correct me if I'm wrong?
It has been well documented that Rogers 920s are easily unlocked (by Rogers, for $50) - I'm one of them. Not sure about AT&T

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Someone in the UK has successfully unlocked their phone through fonefunshop and the code only took 5 days to arrive (more info on the Nokia Lumia 920 thread in the Overclockers UK forum)...

That sounds promising. Im waiting for my code from them as we speak

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you need to send the phone to fonefunshop? why there just have mail-in service

You dont have to send the phone in. There is also the option to request code via email. Search under "View all unlocking services" on their main homepage

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My friend works for a mobile accessory business and gets me unlock codes for my clients. I have asked him to find me one and his first request came negative. Still waiting to hear back from him from his other search since he has several databases he can choose from.

This is also for a Rogers Lumina 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz