Do not have option in "Settings -> Applications -> Photos + Camera -> Skydrive"

Dmitry D

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I do not have option in "Settings -> Applications -> Photos + Camera -> Skydrive" to choose upload videos and upload photos on wifi. I only have option to upload photos to skydrive or not to. But i really want to upload photos and vids only via wifi.

I bought lumia 920 in Russia (WP 8.0.9903), SkyDrive app is installed.

How can it be fixed?

Thank you for attention!

GadgetObsessed

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do not have option in "Settings -> Applications -> Photos + Camera -> Skydrive"

I just got my phone and I am also missing any settings to change the upload quality. I am in Australia. I don't have my SIM installed yet as I need to get a new one or trim it. I will see if that makes any difference when I do.

Tony Coneybear

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do not have option in "Settings -> Applications -> Photos + Camera -> Skydrive"

Have you had any luck with this. I have the same problem with mine. No option to change photo quality etc.

JSSR

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Yep I got my Lumia 920 today and also having the same issue - no control over when it uploads and also the quality is crap. I want full resoltuion upload! Anyone found anything out?

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Under settings, backup. There are setting for photo and video upload quality. "Good" quality upload will work over cellular, but "best" quality photo will hold the photo upload until you are on wifi. Video upload requires WiFi for "good" and "best"

JSSR

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Under settings, backup. There are setting for photo and video upload quality. "Good" quality upload will work over cellular, but "best" quality photo will hold the photo upload until you are on wifi. Video upload requires WiFi for "good" and "best"

Thanks Munkeyphst. I have seen screenshots of what it should look like on the net but for me these options are missing - I only have "Don't upload" or "Upload" and no other settings. Sounds like my other Australian friends have the same problem. Wonder if this is something to do with the Telstra rom we have here. CRAP as that's the main reason I've upgraded to be honest!!!!WP_000120.jpg

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

You need to have a SIM card installed. I had the same problem before when I didn't have a SIM card inserted (was waiting for my micro SIM to arrive). Once the SIM card is in, and you actually have cellular connection, it'll show the full upload options.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There are three locations for photo related settings. Within the camera app, but that pretty limited and has no settings for uploading pictures. There are two locations in settings. One is under "applications" and "photos+camera" this one has the option to upload to sky drive, but no options. There is a another location in settings under "system" and "backup" and then "photos". Here you have settings to turn on or off the auto upload of pictures and videos. Video always requires WiFi if chosen. Photo will require WiFi if the "best" option is chosen.

Settings available under "application" "photos+video"
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=47DFBDE115104EF!1765&authkey=!AJK0ajp32QcjOcc

Settings available under "system" "backup" "photos"
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=47DFBDE115104EF!1766&authkey=!ACmA52g96true5o

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to have a SIM card installed. I had the same problem before when I didn't have a SIM card inserted (was waiting for my micro SIM to arrive). Once the SIM card is in, and you actually have cellular connection, it'll show the full upload options.

I just pulled my SIM and restarted my 920 and I still have all the settings I discussed earlier without the SIM.

JSSR

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

There are three locations for photo related settings. Within the camera app, but that pretty limited and has no settings for uploading pictures. There are two locations in settings. One is under "applications" and "photos+camera" this one has the option to upload to sky drive, but no options. There is a another location in settings under "system" and "backup" and then "photos". Here you have settings to turn on or off the auto upload of pictures and videos. Video always requires WiFi if chosen. Photo will require WiFi if the "best" option is chosen.

Settings available under "application" "photos+video"
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=47DFBDE115104EF!1765&authkey=!AJK0ajp32QcjOcc

Settings available under "system" "backup" "photos"
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=47DFBDE115104EF!1766&authkey=!ACmA52g96true5o

Thanks for your help but I think it must be disabled in Australia under telstra. You can see in the image below that I don't even have an option to back up videos - only photos. Looks like we got a gimped version :(

WP_000121.jpg

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

This is a bit ot but is there an option to auto-upload to skydrive vie mobile internet or only Wi-Fi ?

GadgetObsessed

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your help but I think it must be disabled in Australia under telstra. You can see in the image below that I don't even have an option to back up videos - only photos. Looks like we got a gimped version :(

View attachment 23680

Got mine from Harvey Norman, not sure if its a Telstra specific ROM however it is Aus/NZ model according to the box. Haven't got my SIM sorted yet so not sure if this is resulting in any issues.

BTW, I can use the Skydrive app to upload the full image however I cant open any photos using the Skydrive app?!? I just get a message saying " The file can't be displayed". The same photo can however be displayed from the Photo Hub no problem.

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 23680

No I don't think so. Make sure you have a SIM card installed and have active mobile data service, then restart your phone.

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Got mine from Harvey Norman, not sure if its a Telstra specific ROM however it is Aus/NZ model according to the box. Haven't got my SIM sorted yet so not sure if this is resulting in any issues.

Easiest way to check whether your Lumia 920 is carrier specific or an "open market" (i.e. "unbranded") phone is go to Settings > extras + info > under "additional info", look at what's below "Mobile Operator Name". If you see "000-AU" or something starting with 000 then it is an "open market" phone. Otherwise it would have an initial corresponding to the carrier it is based on.

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Questions:

From the Pictures Hub, if you touch the three dots and share an individual photo to Skydrive, will the photo be uploaded at full resolution?

Also, with regards to EXIF data, does Windows Phone 8 let you rename a photo?
Because Skydrive searches ignore captions, tags etc and only show results when there's a match with the file name.

JSSR

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Got mine from Harvey Norman, not sure if its a Telstra specific ROM however it is Aus/NZ model according to the box. Haven't got my SIM sorted yet so not sure if this is resulting in any issues. .

I've found out a bit more - if you change your region settings to the US or UK then the option appears (after a reboot). So it looks like microsoft have locked this out for Australian users for some reason and it might not be carrier specific. You could test by changing your region now and seeing if the options appears - if it does then it's not carrier specific.

SSSOOO annoying - why would they lock that feature out for Australian users? You can't really leave the region as US because the market place shows you US specific apps and reviews. I don't know if any of you used WP7 but it feels like the early launch of windows phone all over again. Australia didn't have local search or even business search in bing and you had to change location to US anytime you wanted to find a business!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb