One Volume For All?

InkHogNeato

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gang,

I'm on day two of owning my Lumia 920, and I'm lovin' it, though I find the volume control to be completely baffling. If I have my ringer set to an optimal volume, I have to turn down the volume of a call, but that in turn affects the ringer volume. If I adjust the volume of music, that blows up everything else.

Is there a setting that I'm just not finding? Every other smartphone I've ever owned or even played with has had independent controls for everything that requires volume.

Thanks!

InkHogNeato

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope - one volume for all is the philosophy for now. Sucks big time. Hopefully MS changes this in their next update.

Last edited:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Wait, they made it so the in call volume control is no longer independent of the ringer/overall system volume?

No, I believe that's independent. It's just that the volume for apps, music, ringer etc is all the same. So if you want to turn down the sound in a game or a movie without separate controls, then you are turning your ringer down at the same time. Which is kind of annoying, I have to admit.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No, I believe that's independent. It's just that the volume for apps, music, ringer etc is all the same. So if you want to turn down the sound in a game or a movie without separate controls, then you are turning your ringer down at the same time. Which is kind of annoying, I have to admit.

The call volume is independent and goes from 1-10. What isn't independent is the ringer volume from the music,games,other apps volume.

Oh ok, so it's still the same. I was gonna say...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium