Nokia Lumia 920 and WP8: + / -

1220Ac

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 that I will be returning to MS Store within a month or when my Red Nokia Lumia 920 order arrives. The Red Lumia 920 is a perfect contrast / compliment to my black iPhone 5. I will keep or carrying both of them for my different needs / occasions on a single carrier's sim and unlimited data plan.

+ Love the live tiles, camera (picture quality) in low light conditions, screen & very responsive display, build quality, form factor, different than iOS, weight (nice contrast vs. iPhone 5)

- Glitch prone OS and frequent apps forced shutdown

- Poor battery life

+ Facebook & twitter integration

- web browsers / Internet Explorer

- Where's my favorite iOS apps? (Shutterfly, Booking.com, Flipboard, Pulse News, Snapseed, Photosynth, Yahoo Messenger, Trip Advisor City Guides, Tunein, Turntable, Color, Pandora, Tinychat, Google+, ... so many great obscure apps that are very personal or local to me that I discovered in iOS - there's s like gazillions of them especially quality game, (offline) travel guides, various utility / tool/ job board / news aggregator apps in iOS that are missing in WP8) ... Really hoping Lumia 920 will not be just a nice & different smartphone camera. :D

- Lame versions of Facebook app, Kayak app, Skyscanner App, Tripadvisor app, Flickr app, Photobucket app, Twitter app, Chase app, Bank of America app etc

- Nokia's Panorama is inferior or glitch prone vs. iOS Panorama

Last edited:

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Lack of apps and OS bugs are the biggest problems with WP8 right now IMO. I know the bugs will get fixed (eventually; hoping for sooner rather than later).. the real question is the apps.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey look, it's another thread where someone tells us their opinion of the 920 and WP8.

WS0f0.gif

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing with this device for the last 48 hrs (since I picked it up) and here are my +/-

+ Live Tiles
+ Ease of Use
+ Build quality
+ Integration with Windows 8 desktop (specifically music, One Note, photos, etc.)
+ Camera

I honestly can't think of one negative. Some might not like this app or that but I am not totally demanding with those things that handle pictures, music and such. Just give me something reasonable that works well and I'm happy. I found most of the apps I used with other OS's and suitable alternatives for those I didn't. Unlike any other phone I've had (and there have been MANY), I simply don't know of one thing on this one that I don't like except maybe that's it's a tad slippery to hold/pick up but that's hardly earth shattering stuff. Now it may very well be that I find something I don't care for in the coming days but it says something that after a solid 48 hrs of playing, I haven't found one thing not to like. Just one girl's humble opinion. Here's another one - WP8 smokes Android and iOS :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa