Any one paired with Ford sync?

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a jeep wrangler, I used to be able to get txt through their system with the 900, now the 920 says that is not an option did they change the Bluetooth profile?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend is having an issue... straight forward... when HER 920 calls MY 920 via SYNC, it enters PRIVACY MODE. It never did this on her 2010 Fusion... and it doesn't enter Privacy Mode when she calls anyone else. Only from 920 to 920. Any thoughts?

whereishenow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Lately many times when I connect my 920 with my 2010 ford sync, the phone ends up locking up and I have to soft reset the phone before anything works again. This problem seems to be much worse recently than it was when I got the phone on Nov. 11th. I also have the privacy issue when making a call using voice dialing in my car. I can typically receive calls / texts as long as the phone hasn't locked up when first connecting the bluetooth.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys who are having the privacy issue, make sure your ford sync software is updated to the latest release. My feeling is that people don't update this sort of thing... ever. It's sort of a PITA, but I have had no issues since update. SYNC Owner | Welcome to Manage SYNC will have the details.

I will say that I don't get artists and track information over bluetooth, but I never have with any device (this includes iPhone, GNex, and now the 920). That is one thing I really wish I had. :(

zaslek

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got everything except text messaging working. 2012 Focus Titanium with MFT. Artist & Track information works over bluetooth. USB works with some cables but not others but will not play xbox music tracks, things from itunes, other sources will play. Nokia Drive audio does play over bluetooth for me.

On a side note- If you have added any emoticons into contact names and they call your phone it crashes the MFT system until you pull the fuse :( Found that out while I was trying to get around boston today. Thankfully the phone gps got me the rest of the way lol

BigReub

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2010 fusion and my phone locks every time it connects unless I make sure a music app is running. Any special settings in sync?

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Prior to the 920 I had a lumia 800 and an HTC trophy paired with sync.

After using it for about a month now I can say there are definitely serious issues with the 920 or wp8 in general. I have noticed the skipping of audio when first getting into the car. This goes away after a bit, maybe it's an address book sync issue. Old phones did not do this.

BT audio has crashed out of playing music. When it happens, the sync states the 920 lost connection, but the other bt functions seem to work although I didn't confirm.

BT audio has failed to show up as available on many occasions. This happened on the other phones from time to time. The only consistent fix has been to disconnect the device in sync and reconnect. Power cycling the phone doesn't fix it for me.

BT audio shows up, I can play songs, switch songs, but no audio comes out.

I'm more annoyed with sync now more than ever. This vehicle has been a very expensive mistake. I just hope they fix it.

robdmau

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2010 Fusion, only issues I am having is I cannot reply to texts. It will read them out loud, then the only options are to "call" or "im done". With ph7.5 I was able to "call", "reply" or "I'm done". any ideas?

digaos

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I can reply just fine on my 2010 fusion.
Check on the phone settings under Speech if you have the "Enable Speech Recognition Service" checked off as well as "Use Speech when the phone is locked"

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

After using it for about a month now I can say there are definitely serious issues with the 920 or wp8 in general. I have noticed the skipping of audio when first getting into the car. This goes away after a bit, maybe it's an address book sync issue. Old phones did not do this.

BT audio has crashed out of playing music. When it happens, the sync states the 920 lost connection, but the other bt functions seem to work although I didn't confirm.

BT audio has failed to show up as available on many occasions. This happened on the other phones from time to time. The only consistent fix has been to disconnect the device in sync and reconnect. Power cycling the phone doesn't fix it for me.

BT audio shows up, I can play songs, switch songs, but no audio comes out.

I'm more annoyed with sync now more than ever. This vehicle has been a very expensive mistake. I just hope they fix it.

Mikes, I have Hyundai's BlueLink in a Veloster and the 920 is full of issues my Gen1 Dell Venue Pro didn't have. I wouldn't blame it on your car, I'd blame it on the 920. The experience for me is flaky at best.

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My workmate has a 2012 Ford F150 with SYNC. The bluetooth works for playing music, but he can't get the song name/artist to show on the screen. He had the same problem with iPhone. Any ideas here?

chodenode

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I also had this problem with my Lumia 920. This is definitely tied to the address book sync. That I can tell, Sync is downloading the whole friggin address book every time it connects. So music and the address book sync are fighting for bluetooth bandwidth. To get around the problem, I disabled the address book sync. This was an acceptable solution for me because the contacts I call rarely ever change.

My problem is that if I try to go forward or back to a different song, my phone drops connection as somebody mentioned above and I have to un-pair and re-pair the phone back to MFT/Sync.

I'd also like to see track information show up. I could have sworn my Android phone did this, but I might have been connected via USB.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Ford Explorer with MFT (sync)...

I previously had a Samsung Focus linked by bluetooth.
Now with the 920 I've noticed that on occasion when I turn off the Explorer and leave it the vehicle, the phone will not turn on...it might have to do with when I try to turn the phone on...it actually is still working as if I go back in the vehicle it will pair up with the Explorer again but there is no screen and the buttons don't seem to do anything...
I then have to do a Power/VOL Down reset...then all is normal...

I also noticed that Sync won't let me have my zuneHD plugged in and play music from the 920 through bluetooth...the Zune HD has to be unplugged

chodenode

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I also had this problem with my Lumia 920. This is definitely tied to the address book sync. That I can tell, Sync is downloading the whole friggin address book every time it connects. So music and the address book sync are fighting for bluetooth bandwidth. To get around the problem, I disabled the address book sync. This was an acceptable solution for me because the contacts I call rarely ever change.

My problem is that if I try to go forward or back to a different song, my phone drops connection as somebody mentioned above and I have to un-pair and re-pair the phone back to MFT/Sync.

I'd also like to see track information show up. I could have sworn my Android phone did this, but I might have been connected via USB.
Just an update: Since updating the My Ford Touch software on my Ford I haven't had any issues. My assumption was that Ford would continue to send me updates in the mail but this seems to not have been the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99