Lumia 920 front camera grainy, not talking about dust. Anyone with same problem?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Does Anyone has the front camera grainy when turn on? Thanks for answering. I'm not talking about dust, i'm talking about looking grainy when turning on the camera.I can see myself and everything in the back but grainy. I decided to open this thread cause is different than the dust issue. Here i ask and focus more about the quality of the image.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
nah i noticed that too.. it wasnt like that on my lumia 900 but its very grainy on this phone.. its better after i take the picture though

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
nah i noticed that too.. it wasnt like that on my lumia 900 but its very grainy on this phone.. its better after i take the picture though
Thank you at last someone showed me some light cause there are not that much videos on the web about this, all of them focus just on the rear camera. Same thing i noticed here; after taking the shot , the picture comes out better. I thought it was the camera but it seems that after all it was me.Anyway i'm going to the store tomorrow to compare with one of the devices that they have for the people to try to clear any doubt.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
the frontfacing camera has only 1.3Megapixels and is therefore grainy, especially on the high res screen the Lumia 920 has.
Thanks for showing some light to my doubt. I was going crazy about this. Since is a high end device i thought it was the camera, but like henilp89 says on his comment i saw a few videos of the 900 and it looks way better.Maybe they improve something with software in the future. Nokia is good listening to their customers

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind on the iphone 5 they are blowing up the picture differently then on the 920 . On the 920 they are doing it horizontally while on the iphone 5 its vertically. That could account for the front camera differences.

also Maybe the front camera on the iphone 5 is better in low light? In lower light my 920 is grainy BUT in bright indoor light my pictures have no grain to them.

luckylifo

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there are any excuses for poor camera quality on lumia 920 - front or rear. I'd wait for their camera fix before making any assumptions/judgements though.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just went to the store and play with the demo devices there to clear out any of my doubts, i can confirm that the front camera indeed is very grainy indoors and much better when you are outside. Also the 820 and the HTC8x are very grainy too.

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, Even i am facing the same issue with my lumia 920 . Both front and rear camera is grainy. As already commented the pictures taken though are better even thought its grainy in the camera viewer.But it annoys a bit . Is there a solution found out to this or is any upcoming update fixing this case ?

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Visited Nokia care and understood that the grains come based on light conditions , the demo devices also had the same issue of grains in both front and rear camera's.Atleast I can relax now feeling that it wasn't a unique issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb