VOIP app for Lumia 920

shahulvm

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, can I please check if there is a true VOIP app for Windows Phone. Had been reading about it on the web, all references point that there is no true voip app, and all apps available are sort of VOIP...(ie they are either call back or use your local time for the VOIP call)

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, can I please check if there is a true VOIP app for Windows Phone. Had been reading about it on the web, all references point that there is no true voip app, and all apps available are sort of VOIP...(ie they are either call back or use your local time for the VOIP call)

Skype. It is in beta.

Viber HD is expected to come for WP8 Lumia's.

shahulvm

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Using Viber, you cannot call non-viber contacts....as am switching from Android, wanted to be sure...as in Android, there are few apps like Fring, Vopium, Vooxx, skype, mobile voip, rebtel...

I read rebtel, voox are avl in windows, but they use your local minutes and dial the destination using VOIP...Mobilevoip is there in windows, but not polished...so was just asking if some other apps are there...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Using Viber, you cannot call non-viber contacts....as am switching from Android, wanted to be sure...as in Android, there are few apps like Fring, Vopium, Vooxx, skype, mobile voip, rebtel...

I read rebtel, voox are avl in windows, but they use your local minutes and dial the destination using VOIP...Mobilevoip is there in windows, but not polished...so was just asking if some other apps are there...

we have Skype...

PhantomNZ

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I too am hoping to hear of a VoIP (specifically SIP / IAX) client for WP8. Started making one myself but I can't yet purchase a 920 to test it on. Would be good if one of the major companies in this space would release an app but I haven't heard anything.
For me, my business lines and home lines all run on SIP, not Skype, Viber etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05