Any apps to Print yet......or to provide DNLA support

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figured out way to Print yet? Have 2 wifi printers but no way to see them. Do we need to push on the printer manufacturers.or is it a lack of DLNA support on MS or Nokias end.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figured out way to Print yet? Have 2 wifi printers but no way to see them. Do we need to push on the printer manufacturers.or is it a lack of DLNA support on MS or Nokias end.

My HP Photosmart has an email address associated via HPs printer website. If I want to print I "share" to the printer's email address and it prints, Word docs, pdfs, websites..

would be nice to have an app that directly communicates with the printer just like my HP Touchpad does.

mytrek

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I am not aware of any built in support for printers with WP8 but you can buy printers with the functionality. I have an Epson Workforce 845 that supports mobile printing. Just setup an email address through the Epson utility and forward what you want to print to that email address. Works great. For a family with iOS, Android and WP devices this is a must have device.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm really kind of bummed that this isn't "baked in" so to speak. I've had a handful of older devices that have supported mobile and network printing out of the box and have worked well. I'd like it to be easier with WP8 since I'm away from my desk a lot at work and on the go a lot. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but where is the Epson Utility that you speak of.....did not find it on any of the installed software that came with printer drivers etc.

Have a link to where I can set up email address for printer.

thanks

mrbill66

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oops, i found it and now have an email for my 845 workforce.....works great.

But I also called Epson and they are working on an App for the Windows 8 Phone system. Good news they have picked up on how popular this new device is.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon