Lumia 920 Bricked - not responding at all.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, a couple of things have happened. First, I have figured out that if you just hold the volume down and power button together indefinitely, it will eventually override whatever snafu is taking place. Secondly, MS has stated that they are releasing an update which will hopefully take care of these types of problems in December. Finally, I received my wireless charging plate in the mail and that really seems to bring out the issue. Every single time I have placed the phone on the charging plate, it has bricked within minutes. Odd.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate that, but frankly, it seems beyond my abilities as a user. I am no tech guru by any means and would probably really destroy the phone and void my warranty in the process.

Again, I really appreciate you sharing, and the effort you went through. At this point, I am going to hold out for the promised update this month to address these issues. If that does not work, I will likely take it back for a replacement.

Thanks again,

Last edited:

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, so much for the update fixing reliability issues. My phone has bricked about 4 times since it was updated yesterday afternoon. I guess I have to try to get it replaced...

Thankfully, I had finally gotten it set up exactly the way I want it. Awesome.

tidewater

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same for 3 days now, constantly having to re-boot and now 'phone is just stuck with 'Nokia' sign on the screen. I can't power down or get to apps to delete them . So feel like throwing it away! Wouldn't mind but my landline is down and all calls diverted to mobile so completely xxxxxxxxd!

wingcutter

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I have had my 920 for 11 days and I almost missed waking up for work this morning because over night the phone (for the 1st time) turned itself off so no alarm to wake me up! It's a bit scary.... the feeling like you can trust your phone to be on in the morning. :( It was bricked and I couldn't get it back on until I read here about the holding down the volume key and power key at the same time, and that worked.

That said, Rogers is sending me a replacement. But I have a question for you guys: When you shake your 920 side to side, do feel a little bit of wobble or movement from internal parts or is it just rock solid? Because I do feel some movement and it doesn't feel proper to me.

Thanks!

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
No movement inside. I just have that spot opposite the SIM, next to the headphone jack that clicks when pushed.
For the brick issue - I think it happens when the WiFi is left on and not used. When I leave mine on - bricks when it shuts down. If I have it off - stable. Been stable now for 1week

wingcutter

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No movement inside. I just have that spot opposite the SIM, next to the headphone jack that clicks when pushed.
For the brick issue - I think it happens when the WiFi is left on and not used. When I leave mine on - bricks when it shuts down. If I have it off - stable. Been stable now for 1week

Thanks msualum for the reply. BTW, while I was talking to tech support from Rogers, they told me that they just received notice from Nokia that a new update is out or just about to come out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077