Lumia 920 dead (black screen)

rednax_de

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I received my Lumia 920 yesterday.
I changed the settings, downloaded few apps, installed my accounts...
Next morning I woke up and the phone is dead - black screen.

I can't turn it on - doesnt matther which button I press if I press it long or short.
The Lumia is plugged in for more then 30minutes so it shouldn't be a drained battery

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
try holding volume down and the power button together for several seconds which performs a reset, hopefully that will wake it up. Otherwise go back to the store I guess...

rednax_de

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to both of you it's back online.

The battery still has 66% but the time and date is now completely wrong

Looks strange to me - I will observe it further.

Is that error known from other users?

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've done one reset before and it sent my date and time all wrong aswell so I'm not sure why that happens but at least your phone is awake again :)

Bbin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft reps have told that Skype BETA is highly unstable at this time. Uninstall it, if you really don't need it at this time. Maybe the reboots will quit, if not, get it replaced when you can.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,I received my Lumia 920 yesterday.I changed the settings, downloaded few apps, installed my accounts...Next morning I woke up and the phone is dead - black screen.I can't turn it on - doesnt matther which button I press if I press it long or short.The Lumia is plugged in for more then 30minutes so it shouldn't be a drained batteryAny ideas?Thanks in advance
I'm having the same problem, the phone just shuts off on its own and when I do a soft reset the date changes to 1st September. How do I stop it from doing this? I don't have Skype installed.

Persephone Hell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Same issues here. I've bought it in Italy and I live in another country (so no guarantees). Twice in Nokia technical assistance with no results. Trying to solve it by myself.
ABSURD!!!:angry:

nh512

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Eternally thankful that i found this thread. I had a massive panic when my 920 froze then turned to black screen. Sorted. And now i know what to do if it occurs again.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft reps have told that Skype BETA is highly unstable at this time. Uninstall it, if you really don't need it at this time. Maybe the reboots will quit, if not, get it replaced when you can.

Are you saying that Skype should be uninstalled for the better at this point? Probably will reduce some freezes, well so far I only had two freeze.
I wonder when they're gonna update the WP8 app, the Win8 version got a bunch of updates already (though still not perfect either)

Don Dallen

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue too plus the lumia have rebooted three times without any warning. I have tried several things like the suggested to remove all apps not made for WP 8.0 & nothing works. There already is a major WP8 upgrade out, but only for ATT users for now. I live in Europe and Nokia have been so nice to tell us we won't get this upgrade it until sometime in February.

I'm deeply disappointed in Nokia...one would have thought they would gone the extra mile considering this was probably their last chance for a serious comeback. Will try to return it as i cannot trust it to be there when i need it, if had not read this i wouldn't have known so many are seeing this.

Never Nokia again. :eck:

striker1064

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This has happened several times to me as well... I don't know what else to do other than keep switching the phone out until I get one that doesn't do it. Already switched out the first, on the second phone, but that one is doing the same thing so now waiting on the third one to arrive...

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I never had any reboot issues myself but it is a known issue for some that have not gotten the new Portico update so it is most likely not a hardware problem but rather some incompatible apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750