Nokia Purity Monster ear buds Free US Offer

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the online form to claim the free Nokia Purity Monster Ear Buds [US only] indicates eligibility from 11-16-2012 thru 12-30-2012. Also you have to provided a copy of the numbers on the box. Since I have long thrown the box a way and I purchased on 11-9-2012. I'm calling Nokia to check out any excepts to this rule. All the info on the box is on my receipt...you never know but I'll post the results. I called today but I got a recording saying they were closed for the 4th of July holidays...that was funny I'll trying again on Monday.

Edited to change 11-20-12 date to 11-16-12

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
sorry dude...that's the risk you take for being an early adopter. A third party is actually fulfilling this promo, and they will be really picky since they only get reimbursed on what Nokia says is valid.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
sorry dude...that's the risk you take for being an early adopter.

When being an "early adopter" means buying the phone two weeks before the deal pops, I feel like a lot of buyers will interpret that as the company is saying "when we launch a new phone, please wait until we get our **** together, because we will probably start bundling stuff in for free". I bought launch day, and ended up returning for a different color. By sheer luck I fall under the dates that gets the earbuds. Frankly, I wouldn't mind too bad even if I didn't get them, but I would say people who are upset are legitimately upset. We aren't talking months or quarters. We are talking TWO WEEKS. It also gives these people incentive to return their device and buy a new one, increasing the returned stock. For people that bought on the 9th, yesterday was their last day. But anyone who bought after that still has a chance to return. Even with a $35 restocking fee, that's a $99 pair of buds you are getting comped. Just saying...

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the online form to claim the free Nokia Purity Monster Ear Buds [US only] indicates eligibility from 11-20-2012 thru 12-30-2012. Also you have to provided a copy of the numbers on the box. Since I have long thrown the box a way and I purchased on 11-9-2012. I'm calling Nokia to check out any excepts to this rule. All the info on the box is on my receipt...you never know but I'll post the results. I called today but I got a recording saying they were closed for the 4th of July holidays...that was funny I'll trying again on Monday.

I ordered my 920 on 11/9, but didn't actually get it until the 23rd... Nice.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is going to cause a huge amount of negative feedback from the pre-20th purchasers, myself included. I suppose this is to appease (and encourage) those who are ordering into the backorder. That said, I can see Nokia caving on this one...

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I sent @nokiacareus my thoughts as well as emailed nokia. I pre-ordered the damn phone at 5am November 7th. Kinda sucks thats the people who obviously were hyped about getting this phone get the short end of the stick.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
This is going to cause a huge amount of negative feedback from the pre-20th purchasers, myself included. I suppose this is to appease (and encourage) those who are ordering into the backorder. That said, I can see Nokia caving on this one...

I bought my phone on the 17th. The form that you print out and send to Nokia says the 16th is the cut-off even though the rest of the website and the rules PDF say the 20th. I have a feeling that they are probably going to give the headphones away to anybody who sends in the requested documentation (receipt, copy of UPC/barcode sticker from box). I figure all I've risked that this point is an envelope, 3 pages of print-outs, a stamp and 15 minutes. I encourage everyone who bought a WP8 lumia to go ahead and send in their stuff...see what happens!

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
When being an "early adopter" means buying the phone two weeks before the deal pops, I feel like a lot of buyers will interpret that as the company is saying "when we launch a new phone, please wait until we get our **** together, because we will probably start bundling stuff in for free". I bought launch day, and ended up returning for a different color. By sheer luck I fall under the dates that gets the earbuds. Frankly, I wouldn't mind too bad even if I didn't get them, but I would say people who are upset are legitimately upset. We aren't talking months or quarters. We are talking TWO WEEKS. It also gives these people incentive to return their device and buy a new one, increasing the returned stock. For people that bought on the 9th, yesterday was their last day. But anyone who bought after that still has a chance to return. Even with a $35 restocking fee, that's a $99 pair of buds you are getting comped. Just saying...

Yeah I was really lucky. I had an actual defective Nokia 920 in white, I could not for the life of me get the phone to stay charged for more than 6 hours (yes I disabled everything uninstalled all the background running apps). In fact it died in the store while I was wiping the information on the phone, charged it in the morning. I got a replacement phone and they gave me the black Friday pricing, so I will be able to get the headphones because the most recent receipt says that I bought the phone on the 23rd. I included both receipts to be honest and wrote a small letter explaining why I did so, so hopefully I still get the headphones. There is now no reason to not buy the Nokia Lumia 920. This offer is amazing!

For those who really like music but want the portability of earbuds, try looking into the NuForce 600x best earbuds I have ever owned and it only cost me 20 bucks. (this is assuming you don't get the monster purity's for free.....consolation?) You get the flat cable, the bass drivers are excellent (not the best but damn good), and clarity is awesome. Forgot to mention they come in different colors too!

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see the Nov 20th stipulation at first but I have a hard time believing they won't back it up for all buyers. They are honoring the BF deals so I hope Nokia will make this right.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
If you fill out the form and submit it takes you to a page to print out. That page states you have to provide the submission form, copy of UPC and a copy of the receipt. The receipt must show the purchase price, store and must be dated 11/16 thru 12/30.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm ok with not getting the buds. This phone should have cost $199. I got it for $98 and a free wireless charger that I love! At&t then gave me $50 credit. So I'm very happy right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)