920 Shortcuts

tfox39

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Being an iPhone user for 5 years, I am having trouble figuring out some shortcuts for the phone. Anyone have some good shortcuts they know of or have the answers to the following ones if there is any?

Quickly call someone instead of clicking phone>opening contact profile>clicking call. Can you eliminate the second step? (A tip popped up saying something about double clicking phone to call back someone, or something like that. Exited out of it before reading it)
Quickly access recent photos taken instead of exiting out of the camera and going to the photos tile.
Open new tab in IE without clicking "...">tabs>click to open new tab?
Killing apps?
Or any other double clicks, button holds, etc to get to something quick/skip some steps. or a link to a page that shows all the tricks for the phone.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Being an iPhone user for 5 years, I am having trouble figuring out some shortcuts for the phone. Anyone have some good shortcuts they know of or have the answers to the following ones if there is any?

Quickly call someone instead of clicking phone>opening contact profile>clicking call. Can you eliminate the second step? (A tip popped up saying something about double clicking phone to call back someone, or something like that. Exited out of it before reading it)
Quickly access recent photos taken instead of exiting out of the camera and going to the photos tile.
Open new tab in IE without clicking "...">tabs>click to open new tab?
Killing apps?
Or any other double clicks, button holds, etc to get to something quick/skip some steps. or a link to a page that shows all the tricks for the phone.

tfox, look here for some great tips. wp8-newbie-tips

Also for the photo one click the arrow on the screen, it will take you to your last photo.
For #3 I think there is a tip in the link I sent.
For #4 hold the back button to kill the current app. To see all open apps hold the back button down and a view pops up showing all open windows. Click and then hit the back button to kill that app.

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I want to say you can swipe to one side to get to your recent photos. I've seen them do it in YouTube reviews - that could just be for photos you've taken during the time the camera app was open though. Sounds like the above poster has another solution as well.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
In the camera app, swipe to the right side to see your recent photos. To quick call someone, go to People hub and pin the people you want to call quick to homescreen. After that you just click on their name and click "Call Mobile". For kill apps is what thekonger said.

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Click the little phone icon next to each person to simply call them instead of clicking their name and then clicking call. Saves a step

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99