lumia 920 working mms & data settings NET10

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
How can I access the app if I can't get my data to work. I can't access nothing in the marketplace. I have tried all of these settings and NOTHING has worked please HELP!!!!!

You can enter the APN and MMS settings through the "Cellular" setting in Settings. If you want to go with the Access Point app route, you have to connect to Wifi first. Personally, just using the built-in settings works just fine, and you have access to it without needing internet first....

backfat1

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I've used a variety of settings (including the ones within this thread) with my HTC 8X. Calling, Data, SMS, and sending MMS messages work, but upon receipt of one back I get the "Get Media Content Now" message. Clicking that prompts "Getting Media Content...." that never actually fetches the content. The "tfdata" APN seems to work the best other than receiving MMS. Anyone heard of newer settings that work?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've used a variety of settings (including the ones within this thread) with my HTC 8X. Calling, Data, SMS, and sending MMS messages work, but upon receipt of one back I get the "Get Media Content Now" message. Clicking that prompts "Getting Media Content...." that never actually fetches the content. The "tfdata" APN seems to work the best other than receiving MMS. Anyone heard of newer settings that work?

I ended up going to AT&T prepaid GoPhone (with LTE) because you don't have to enter in any MMS settings, and as soon as you enter the SIM card, the phone is provisioned (so you can use the restore feature when you reset your phone).

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried everything but couldn't send pics via text. I then went to my Microsoft store and they were very helpful, even pulling out their Surface tablet and looking up this forum on wpcentral. When he got it working it was from settings he googled for HTC 8x net10 apn settings. Odd that so many are using different settings for net10, assuming we're all here for the 920. Oh well, here's what worked for me, hope this helps someone else.

APN: tfdata
Username: net10
rest blank

MMS
APN: tfdata
Username: net10
Wap gateway (URL): proxy.mnvo.tracfone.com
Wap gateway port: 80
MMSC URL: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMSC port: 80

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Matthew Phillips5

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Richard! That part is key! Otherwise you'll still have no MMS capability: "Need to make sure that Internet APN and MMS APN settings are deleted in the settings/system/cellular menu."

:smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss