Heat back top of phone

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My phone gets pretty hot when I play castlemine and other games. I notice sometimes the screen becomes less responsive when this happens. I am going to do a test tonight when I get home from work (yes I work on Sundays) to see what my battery level is before and afterwards. Do you guys notice the same thing?
Sent from my lumia 920 using Board Express

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to get worm sometimes I think mine is when the battery is pretty low. But I also don't think its effecting anything. Its like I'm worring about nothing
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely creates a battery drain. The phone gets so hot the screen turns off, it does cool off pretty quickly thou, 5 mins later my screen turns back on.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If your screen is turning off due to overheating, you have a bad unit. Swap it out at the store!

wow, just as read this, i looked over and noticed my phone rebooting by itself. its charging and damn hot on the back. seriously getting quite sick of this phone, it may be time to go to the s3, note 2, or iphone 5

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
too many issues to keep reposting.
Have you replaced the phone yet? All I see you posting about in all the issue threads is how you are ready to get a phone without issues. I am not calling you a liar. I have had some issues too, but sitting on a WP8 forum and listing off all the phones you want instead of the 920 is getting you what, exactly? Nobody here is stopping you from getting any of those phones you listed.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you replaced the phone yet? All I see you posting about in all the issue threads is how you are ready to get a phone without issues. I am not calling you a liar. I have had some issues too, but sitting on a WP8 forum and listing off all the phones you want instead of the 920 is getting you what, exactly? Nobody here is stopping you from getting any of those phones you listed.

heres the thing, the lumia is everything I want, however, there far too many similar problems for them to not notice this stuff during their beta testing and if you think otherwise youre foolish. the phone is great, but there is obviously something seriously wrong with this phone. How does Nokia expect people to trust them. Yes I can return mine but I will be waiting quite a while for a new one for some weird reason. we should be the guinea pigs

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
heres the thing, the lumia is everything I want, however, there far too many similar problems for them to not notice this stuff during their beta testing and if you think otherwise youre foolish. the phone is great, but there is obviously something seriously wrong with this phone. How does Nokia expect people to trust them. Yes I can return mine but I will be waiting quite a while for a new one for some weird reason

I think that it is tough to please everyone. When we were sitting here waiting for them to announce a release date, people were in an uproar that it is taking forever. I remember multiple posts of mine stating that there must be something wrong with the phone or software causing the delay. "No way!", people said. "It's been announced and they have had plenty of time!"

As far as beta testing, it's tough to say that all of the issues could have been ironed out. Apple is pretty highly regarded when it comes to releasing a quality product, but things slip through the cracks. Do you recall what the deal with the iPhone 4 was? Yikes! I am not foolish enough to believe that Nokia was unaware of any of the issues with the phone, but I am also not foolish enough to believe that none of this slipped through the cracks. You see, the funny thing with software is, you can make no changes to a certain feature when adding or tweaking another, and all of the sudden that (potentially already tested) feature is broken. I have no idea how much time Nokia took to test the final release of the phone. I do know that we have already seen some preloaded Nokia apps get updates right out of the box, so that tells us something.

The bottom line is, we are seeing the same people complain over and over again in these forums. That tells me either nobody bought this phone, or there are, in actuality, very few people displeased with the phone. Because if you look at the number of individual posters with complaints, you will see that there really aren't that many of them.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think that it is tough to please everyone. When we were sitting here waiting for them to announce a release date, people were in an uproar that it is taking forever. I remember multiple posts of mine stating that there must be something wrong with the phone or software causing the delay. "No way!", people said. "It's been announced and they have had plenty of time!"

As far as beta testing, it's tough to say that all of the issues could have been ironed out. Apple is pretty highly regarded when it comes to releasing a quality product, but things slip through the cracks. Do you recall what the deal with the iPhone 4 was? Yikes! I am not foolish enough to believe that Nokia was unaware of any of the issues with the phone, but I am also not foolish enough to believe that none of this slipped through the cracks. You see, the funny thing with software is, you can make no changes to a certain feature when adding or tweaking another, and all of the sudden that (potentially already tested) feature is broken. I have no idea how much time Nokia took to test the final release of the phone. I do know that we have already seen some preloaded Nokia apps get updates right out of the box, so that tells us something.

The bottom line is, we are seeing the same people complain over and over again in these forums. That tells me either nobody bought this phone, or there are, in actuality, very few people displeased with the phone. Because if you look at the number of individual posters with complaints, you will see that there really aren't that many of them.

As far as I am concerned there was no problem with the Iphone 4, people hold their phones like morons. After the release of the Iphone 4s and 5 apple is not regarded as very high on releasing quality products, they too rushed out that pile of crap just a few cm longer. As far as the software is concerned, who am I as Joe Schmo to determine whats faulty hardware and faulty/lacking software. Everyday there are new complaints about things, complaints on other forums, this stuff isnt just coincidental with a few of us.

Bottom line is this phone was rushed out, any more of a delay and nobody but die hard WP fans would have purchased it and they knew it. Nokia is already losing ground and this would have put them further behind in sales and profit. Guess Ill just have to start e-mailing and calling Nokia

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
As far as I am concerned there was no problem with the Iphone 4, people hold their phones like morons. After the release of the Iphone 4s and 5 apple is not regarded as very high on releasing quality products, they too rushed out that pile of crap just a few cm longer. As far as the software is concerned, who am I as Joe Schmo to determine whats faulty hardware and faulty/lacking software. Everyday there are new complaints about things, complaints on other forums, this stuff isnt just coincidental with a few of us.

Bottom line is this phone was rushed out, any more of a delay and nobody but die hard WP fans would have purchased it and they knew it. Nokia is already losing ground and this would have put them further behind in sales and profit. Guess Ill just have to start e-mailing and calling Nokia

Well, enough people hold their phones like morons that Apple felt the need to remedy the situation somehow. To be clear I don't disagree with you. I just don't understand why you post complaint after complaint, say you can easily go elsewhere, and then stick around anyway. Masochistic guy I guess? :p

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I also post positive things, but positive things dont get me answers to my questions. My negative responses and questions are me trying to figure out what the **** is going on between this crap hole of a company ATT, and two other companies in MS and Nokia which I do like a lot and have a lot of respect for. I want to know why these things are happening to my device and others. I believe they know about it and I want real answers, is this hardware or software issues so I can return my phone for a new one or not. So far it's just been a deal with it response which is seriously concerning.

Apple reached out to their customers as a gesture of succeeding, they were getting terrible reviews and absolutely ripped to shreds by the media so that was their way of make it correct. There was nothing actually wrong with the iphone 4, people love to hold their phones are hard as they can for some reason and buy putting a bumper on it, it removes that stress on the antenna. The iphone 4 was the last great thing Apple did in terms of a phone. They have been lazy since then.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My negative responses and questions are me trying to figure out what the **** is going on between this crap hole of a company ATT, and two other companies in MS and Nokia
I get that. But nothing you posted in this thread is going to get you answers. You said you wer returning it. Someone asked why? You said too much work. Huh??? How is that getting you answers. All I see is a bunch of *****ing. I guess I am the idiot for saying anything. I should just either deal with the whiners, or put them on ignore. This talking in circles was obviously a waste of both of our time, and for that I apologize. Carry on.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well good news!

My phone died and the microsoft store tech said my phone was bricked. I then asked him if he had any in stock. The good news he did. I bought the phone at full price and then bought microsoft assure for $100 bucks. I then retuned the bricked phone to AT&T. Nokia customer service wasn't helpful at all.

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I just had the same problem when using the smart glass app. Phone felt like it was going to self combust in my hand, it was so hot. Then the screen went blank didn't come back on until it cooled

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It was the exact same problem I had. With my replacement,once it starts to get slightly hot, I back out of the game
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here, this is my second 920 starting to get a little nervous as I am past my 15 days. Hopefully this stuff will be fixed with an update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium