Are You Getting a Case?

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if many people would be getting a case for their new Lumia 920?
I usually prefer a rubberized case which doesn't add too much extra weight and makes it less slippery.

Can anyone recommend a case for the red model?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich

Leo Kaukidi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You really do not need a case, maybe only for decoration. If the phone falls, ground will shatter. I have dropped mine 4 times already not even a dent / scratch.

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Definitely getting one. I can't afford a phone every year, so my 920 has to last me a while. I know Nokia has the most durable phones, but a 2 foot drop on tile already made a dent on the corner of my black 920, so I'm not taking any chances. Buying an Otterbox commuter as soon as it comes out if casemate isn't going to make any cases for it.

As for a case right now, I bought a hard snap on case from eBay. If you're looking to buy a soft case there's plenty of eBay. Many people like the Fosmon cases. Plus it comes in clear so you can show all the red off :p

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I am not planning on getting a case. Based on the phone torture videos I have seen the 920 is pretty durable. I have never bought a protective case for a phone, never had a problem and if the 920 does break I have insurance. BTW I have never owned an iPhone but after watching a coworker's screen crack like a spider's web after being knocked from a desk I would get one.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You really do not need a case, maybe only for decoration. If the phone falls, ground will shatter. I have dropped mine 4 times already not even a dent / scratch.

It's a bit of luck and physics. If you hit the ground at the right angle you could have shattered the screen or damaged something internally. There are people who have dropped the phone from 2'-3' and ruined the phone. I don't personally have a case for mine and I don't see any that really jump out at me at this point.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought a defender Otterbox to hold me off until they release the commuter case. I have a yellow gloss case on the way too. I'll probably put a full body zagg protector on this to prevent from scratching.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I always put a case on my phone, the only drawback are the lack of cases that have appealed to me so far so I dropped 40 on a case from ATT :/. I love the case quite a bit, the phone feels better in my hands, gives me a sturdier feel than it already had and the phone still looks good.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone hit the ground after falling about 6" from my pocket when I was sitting on the ground, quite a few scratches and dented 2 corners. I went out and bought an otterbox after that. Not the case I wanted but not a lot of selection right now. I think i'll want the commuter when it comes out.

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a leather holster for my L920, but no screen protectors or plastic boxes for me. I'll be careful and not drop it (famous last words)...

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a rubber case because I find the lumia is slippery ! Lol And I got a screen protector because I want this phone to last me 3 years. I also got insurance on it too. :) So far I have kept it in great condition! :)

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Naw I like living on the edge haven't dropped my 810 as of yet but I also won't baby it either. No screen protector either I went through all that with my BB if I drop it and it breaks square trade is you best friend.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just dropped mine today. 2 feet drop onto a ceramic tile. It hit the floor with the corner right next to the sim card tray. I would say that this is a weaker part of the phone. The thinner parts of the PC case at this corner allow for some room to move. It pushed in the corner ever so slightly and the tray popped out. Boy was I relieved to see that the tray went back in fine and that you can barely see the dent. you have to look really carefully to see it. Definitely a case for me ;). glad it didn't break anything.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I got one of the Speck cases from AT&T for now after I noticed a scratch on the back of my matte black (no idea how it got scratched, have been super careful about putting it in my pockets with nothing else and in placing it down), but have my eye on the commuter case. Btw, anyone know how much bulk it will add?

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This is my temporary fix until i get a case i want for my L920, probably i might just stick with it instead of getting a case. Its a microfiber pouch from sunglasses hut , my L920 fits nicely inside and i can put it in my pocket and the microfiber lining keeps my screen nice and clean.

WP_20121125 1 (1).jpg

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably get one, but may not use it. ;-)

Does anyone know if the 920 will wirelessly charge with a case? The phone gets pretty warm.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is my temporary fix until i get a case i want for my L920, probably i might just stick with it instead of getting a case. Its a microfiber pouch from sunglasses hut , my L920 fits nicely inside and i can put it in my pocket and the microfiber lining keeps my screen nice and clean.

View attachment 23643

I did that with my S3 and my iPhone 5 when i was trying them out while i was waiting on case to be delivered :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb