Lumia 920: Has anyone shot videos with their Lumia 920's yet?

phonegeeks

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have shot a video with an iPhone 5, S3 and Lumia 920, and I must say that the iPhone and S3 don't stand a chance in front of Lumia 920. The quality of the video is nothing like I've ever seen before. The image stabilizer does an amazing job of damping the shakiness that you'd see in videos shot from all the other phones. How has your experience with shooting videos been?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One I shot about two weeks ago at MFF in Chicago. I was holding two cameras (A Go Pro and my 920) so it's not very stead. I was leaning against a while.

Bump it up to 1080 to check it out. Over all im really impressed. If I would have actually tried to hold it steady or had a mount it would have been awesome I think.

MFF2012 Parade (Shot with Lumia 920) - YouTube

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I took about 10+ videos this past weekend in monterey, maybe ill upload one up to youtube, i was only able to keep probably 5 or so that i thought was worth keeping.

Was quite impressed by the quality, it was at the beach. Ill see if i can put something up later tonight.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I shot some at the weekend and i thought it looked great. I would like to see them on my tv though. What format does it put them in? I cannot be bothered with setting up a youtube account. Can you play the files through Xbox?

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I shot a few videos at my recent tournament.

One handed videos for 5-6 minutes came out pretty steady, given the circumstances. I have no doubt that had I been using a different camera phone, the video would have been much shakier. My friend's dad took a video of him with his GS3 and the L920's video came out nicer, definitely more stable.

There's just one thing that was annoying about the L920's video. The white balance changed very often, so the scene would go from looking cold, to warm, back to cold, back to warm and so on. That was a bit distracting. Also, it's be great if you could zoom in and out while recording, rather than having to set the zoom before recording.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just viewed the video via my computer - I emailed it to myself at work. It compressed it quite heavily and looked awful. How do I get them off uncompressed?

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just viewed the video via my computer - I emailed it to myself at work. It compressed it quite heavily and looked awful. How do I get them off uncompressed?

I connect to my macbook via USB then just import the video files. Also, if you upload to SkyDrive, it will compress the video files. That might be configurable in your settings, but I'm sure your email won't support uncompressed video files. The typical limit in an email is 100mb, or something ridiculously low for a video.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks waah...

I tried Skydrive last night and I could not view the files on my phone, it said unsupported. Kind of annoying when I took the video, compressed the video and uploaded it via the same phone seconds earlier. Crazy thinh is I can view that Grand Prix clip on my phone.... So what is going on there.

I have it set to best quality via WiFi, but it still compresses the video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa