I need A favor from an 8x user

Brian Lessard

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if a HTC 8X user could do me a favor?, I would like to compare functionality before I return my Lumina 822 in for a HTC 8X:
- If you select and address from your contacts, from a message, email, or from Local Scout what map program does it open by default? Nokia Maps or Bing?
- If it's Bing does it allow you to save the place as a favorite?
- Does your phone allow you to change the default map to open when you select an address?

After reading some reviews I decided on a Nokia WP8 for the following reasons:
- removable flash drive
- removable battery
- Nokia Drive (turn-by-turn)

None of those things are worth it for me if I can't select an address and it opens a map program (any map program) where I can save it on a favorites list. Currently I have to cut and paste the address from an email to Nokia Maps, or worse from any other app write down the address (yes with pen and paper; I have a bad memory that's why I like computers), open Nokia Maps and type the address in search then save the favorite. The clock is ticking on returning the Lumina, and if the same thing happens on the 8x I'll just go back to Android :(

Thanks for your help!

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! When you select an address from your contacts and it opens the "maps" application, it there a favorites button right there?

Here is how it works on my 8X.
I select, touch the address of my contact, it then shows me where it is on Maps.
Then I can touch the pin (Flag that sows where) and add it to favorites.
If I can't right away, I need to search again, touch search, which by default uses the last search address, so I type nothing, then I can add it to my favorites.
Does that help`?
It does work!

Brian Lessard

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Apparently Nokia has disabled the favorites button in Bing Maps and Local Scout. Glad I found this out before my 14 day return period expired. Goodby Nokia, 8x here I come!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans