Going to AT&T Store tomorrow, Get iPhone 5 or Replacement 920? Can't decide

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
A Nexus device is generally a good investment. Nexus devices are known for their lack of carrier bloatware and vanilla Android experience. You don't have any custom skins, all the software is "pure" Google. If you want a clean slate from which to work with and do with a device as you please this is really the best approach. Even unlocking the bootloader and applying a custom ROM is a no-brainer.

The Nexus 4 is a beast of a phone. A quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM. There should really be minimal, if any, lag on the phone other than piss-poor programming by a developer on various apps. Most of the more popular apps should work just fine, however. Do better devices get released soon after a Nexus phone comes out? Subjectively yes, considering you have the Droid DNA on Verizon now.

wasonamit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
From the hardware perspective, if it's a defective which seems like the case, get it replaced from ATT.

APPS will all start supporting muti-tasking soon, be patient and it will all come together very soon

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Up to you bud. imo the 920 and iphone 5 are the two best phones out right now by far. Android is still a lag fest, even after jelly bean. No matter how many cores they add it will still be raw. Deep issues with android.

eallan

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I own a 920, N4, Note II, and iPhone 5.

Android is hardly a lag fest. You can't have sincerely used a good android device lately with that opinion.

14knickers

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Stick with Nokia. Wife and I picked up new phones on Saturday, the 920 for myself and a SG3 for my wife. By Monday night she was a former Android user and a happy 920 owner. Not too mention a bunch of friends and family are now thinking of switching.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Stick with a WP device, the resume issue is because the apps have not yet been updated to support WP8. Orientation lock is also handled by the apps and bug fixes will be due next month.

jbs4life97

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I figured I'll update and let you guys know that after thinking about it for awhile.... I switched to the iPhone 5.

And I'm loving it.

My main issue with the iPhone 4 was the screen size, and the iPhone 5's larger screen is definitely an improvement.

Overall, I think ditching the Lumia 920 was the right choice at this point in time. It was a nice experience, but there were too many issues that I personally had (something loose inside, bad app support for some of my main apps, battery life, apps freezing etc.) plus the issues that everyone on the forums seem to be having, plus the fact that I had to turn off a bunch of things (NFC, Bluetooth, a lot of Live Tile Updates- which is what the OS is all about) in order to get respectable battery life for a full day. With all of this taken into consideration, replacing my 920 with another and risk having hardware/software issues did not sound appealing to me.

WP8 is still new, still has a lot of improvements that need to be made before it is on par with iOS and Android (although these improvements should be coming soon if the Apollo+ update is correct). I'll definitely be keeping my eye on WP8 as I like the direction it is going, but it's just not all there yet.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Not a bad decision if you're happy, dude. You got a great phone. I need windows phone 8 in my life because I adore the OS regardless of missing features but finding the Lumia to be of questionable quality. Not sure how much longer I'll hold out.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The real question is whether you're okay with being an early adopter. I'm keeping my 920 because I'm not a huge app user, and it works well for what I want a phone to do. I'm also burnt out on Android and Apple and wanted something different and exciting. The hardware is beautiful, I like the camera, and I find WP8 to be pretty slick (though rough around the edges). It suits my needs now, and I'm fine with waiting for them to keep improving it. If you're not happy with that scenario and want something that "just works" right now and has a ton of apps for it, you should go to either Apple or Android and just keep an eye on WP8 over the next two years to see whether you want to switch to it when it's more mature and polished and your contract is up.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Why not try android? HTC One X+ or Note 2/GS3?

I highly recommend the One X+, it's an amazing phone. 64GB of storage out the door for the same price as the iPhone 5 16GB! AND, it's unpartitioned, so no more 2GB phone partition/11GB internal partition or some stupid nonsense like what is typical of HTC Android phones.. the One X+ is simply an amazing phone.

I have it and an 8X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077