920 Otterboxes now available for order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear, I wouldn't get a defender personally, it's too bulky =) I'll probably wait to see how the commuter turns out and see how much bulk it adds. I would just like one of those gel cases similar to the ones that Nokia released for the 900 though.

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This is why I always use these to protect my phones...they don't scratch and have a lifetime warranty. Pull it off and send it in and they mail you a new one...:wink:
Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

I bought a similar one Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector Shield + Full Body Skin Protector & Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories
I have to mention that this only covers about 95% of the body. The edges aren't fully covered (it depends on how well you put the shield on but most likely you will see a bit of opening on the top and bottom edges). It's a bit thick and it makes the power button slightly flushed with the screen protector itself, but I don't have any problem with it.. just a slight annoyance. The installation is very easy on the screen with the supplied solution spray) but on the back it's a bit challenging because of the 3 buttons on the side. It requires some patience :)

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any type of idea how long it takes for these to go onto Amazon.com. I bought an otterbox for my 900 on Amazon with free Prime shipping for around $20...I want a case...but not for $35 plus shipping.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The rep at my local ATT had one for his yellow 920. It was the most hideous case I have ever seen. It literally doubled the width of the phone. I hope he is planning on doing a lot of rock climbing with his phone. Not all otterboxes are this bad, but this one was. No idea what model it is but it snapped into a belt clip.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The rep at my local ATT had one for his yellow 920. It was the most hideous case I have ever seen. It literally doubled the width of the phone. I hope he is planning on doing a lot of rock climbing with his phone. Not all otterboxes are this bad, but this one was. No idea what model it is but it snapped into a belt clip.

The belt clip kind is the defender series...which is rather big and stays true to its name...

If you get the commuter series they are much slimmer without the big clip.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MY otterbox case for my iphone 4s has protected the phone from a ton of drops. Also I am worried about the dust in the ffc and the defender includes the front shield which should help with the dust.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife ran over her iPhone in a defender series otterbox. Not a scratch on the phone and the outer rubber just had a tire mark.
They're definitely worth the investment if you have people like my wife using the device(s).

retyler

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine off the counter and have a small dent in the corner. Phone still works fine, but if I can put a case on that doesn't hinder the screen or buttons and ports I don't really think I am hiding any part of the phone. The one thing I hate is putting a protector on the screen. Gives a cheap feel to the screen IMO.

(With that said, I used to have a case for my iPhone 3GS but not one on my HTC Shift. After two years my Shift had some good wear and tear on it but was still fully functional.)

The screen on the OtterBoxes is glued to the case, so you can pop the screen off and have the smooth, high quality glass feel. At least you could on the OtterBox I have for my Android phone.

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the commuter one for my phone. I do not go around showing off the phone to people so I careless what it looks like. However the case I had on my Iphone was really cool looking and protected it. I also had a custom skin on my older Iphone of my bike which was nice.

I want the protection and it to fit in my pocket. I do not care for the belt version. The weight of the phone is a non-issue with me but I will be checking on how much bigger it is once I get the case. If I do not like, oh well nothing lost but few dollars.

Ill post of some pic's when I get it, or whoever else gets there's first :)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Part of me wants one for protection of my 920, but the other half of me doesn't want the stunning redness to be covered in dull black.

Add to that, the big phone will be made a lot bigger.

decisions.....

I feel the SAME way...the phone is too cool looking to cover up and I've found that OtterBoxes often "dull" the look of the screen too...however, I don't want this awesome phone damaged and I've used OtterBoxes before and they provide super protection.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I dropped mine off the counter and have a small dent in the corner. Phone still works fine, but if I can put a case on that doesn't hinder the screen or buttons and ports I don't really think I am hiding any part of the phone. The one thing I hate is putting a protector on the screen. Gives a cheap feel to the screen IMO.

(With that said, I used to have a case for my iPhone 3GS but not one on my HTC Shift. After two years my Shift had some good wear and tear on it but was still fully functional.)

On the OtterBox Defender, I've always knocked out that protective screen cover...

1mckinley

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine at the AT&T store and it is a beauty. I've had Otterboxes for iPhones, Android phones and Blackberry's. This is the nicest one I've had.
The 920 is a large phone and the defender case adds some size, it by no means doubles it. Actually, it doesn't seem to make a big difference. The 920 is a beautiful phone and it's always hard to cover a nice smartphone. My eighteen year old son used to be pretty rough on smartphones and I have replaced more than a few. He liked them better with no case but it wouldn't be long before a screen was crack, etc. These are good cases and Otterbox has great customer service.

Attachments

• Otterbox Lumia 920.JPG
    Otterbox Lumia 920.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

cardinalryan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Otterbox defender for the L920 has been available in AT&T stores for about a week now. I bought one and put it on my L920 and I returned it within 24 hours. I have actually been a fan of Otterbox cases, but as one poster noted above, this one is MASSIVE.

I am totally aware that this is subjective, but only buy this case if you don't mind doubling the size and weight of your phone. I'm telling you that this thing is phenomenally huge.

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand it a little better now. Kids, wife, work or just don't want to be bothered with being obsessed with your phone :) I sometimes forget that people see their phone as a phone, an object that's supposed to be used and that you shouldn't be thinking about scratches or breaking it. I'm just the complete opposite :D I use my phone, but I take good care of it and I want it to be good looking. I have never used a case and never will.

One more question.... a Lumia 920... in an Otterbox......... how do you take that with you :D I can't imagine that any jeans could fit that.

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've never been a fan of cases, but I love sleeve-type holders. Have used a sleeve holder through many phones and never had damage to my phones when I dropped them. I just ordered this one yesterday for my white Lumia 920 (yes, I'm female):

41Fut2um3BL._SY300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Krusell 95382 Avenyn 3XL Mobile Pocket Pouch for Smartphones with 4.3/4.8-Inch Screen - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Purple: Cell Phones & Accessories

P.S. The WPCentral store carries this model in pink and white but they were out of stock. Sorry, WPCentral, I tried!

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the defender, its not very heavy but i'm a guy so I dont notice 2 - 3 oz here or there. It does make it physically larger, to the point where I dont like it, but i'm just holding onto it until my ATT store gets a commuter or the ballistic case to try, something a little smaller. Then i'll return this for the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes