920 Otterboxes now available for order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjmc2001

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who has the Otterbox comment on whether or not the wireless charger works with th otterbox case installed. I am going to buy the commuter series for the 920. My daughter has one on her iphone 5 and it is not that large and works fine in a pocket.

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who has the Otterbox comment on whether or not the wireless charger works with th otterbox case installed. I am going to buy the commuter series for the 920. My daughter has one on her iphone 5 and it is not that large and works fine in a pocket.
They say on the site it still works with the wireless charger, but this isn't first hand experience.

Sahkolihaa

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll order the Commuter version when they're in stock on UK Mobile Store. I generally don't care for looks - I want the phone to work and last without getting damaged.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've never been a fan of cases, but I love sleeve-type holders. Have used a sleeve holder through many phones and never had damage to my phones when I dropped them. I just ordered this one yesterday for my white Lumia 920 (yes, I'm female):

View attachment 23758

Amazon.com: Krusell 95382 Avenyn 3XL Mobile Pocket Pouch for Smartphones with 4.3/4.8-Inch Screen - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Purple: Cell Phones & Accessories

P.S. The WPCentral store carries this model in pink and white but they were out of stock. Sorry, WPCentral, I tried!
That pocket pouch is not a bad idea. I'll probably consider something like that or a holster (I know, I know).

1mckinley

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have heard that the wireless charging works through cases when on a charging pad. Since it is wireless, it works but only over a small distance. I don't know this first hand, but read it. I won't know for certain until my charging pad arrives.
The phone also fits fine in the pocket of jeans with a defender case. Of course, I'm an older guy and we're not talking the skinny jeans, just a normal pair of Levis, haha.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
That pocket pouch is not a bad idea. I'll probably consider something like that or a holster (I know, I know).

i might wanna give this a shot. from the pictures i see on this forum, my nightmare is confirmed.

if you carry your phone in your pocket (like me), the crud/lints/bunnies in your pocket will get stuck between the shell and the glass. because the rubber lining is in between the shell and glass, the crud will stay in their!!! it makes the phone look so dirty. and if you have the black 920, it's going to show up even more.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Stop talking about me. :excited:

lol... tape the phone to your head like this guy. never drop!!!
ahhh shoot, nm, i forgot, this phone is toooo heavy to do that... jk...
handsfreeheadset.jpg

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about picking up an Otterbox for my 920, to protect the phone during the week (I work in an auto repair shop), and would like to remove it during the weekends - anyone have any input on whether this is OK to do with an Otterbox? I know I *can* do this, but I'm interested in any input related to someone having done this before with, say, an iPhone - or, if you have one for your 920 now, what you think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire