Skins for L920?

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Skinomi is excellent as well - Ive used them alot in the past - great product!

They skins really do stick well - seems like it becomes a part of the phone - just apply it right, follow each step in the directions :)

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've used gelaskins.com in the past for other devices but it looks like the new Nokia phones templates haven't made it up there yet.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Please let us know how it sticks to the matte surface. Also, I found that skinomi screen protectors are sticky feeling and end up with grooves where scratches would be after awhile, anybody else?

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ghost Armor has some too. Clear and a bunch of carbon fiber (black, red, grey, yellow, purple, maybe another...). I have put the clear on a couple of iPads (front and back) and really like it. The screen protector is very clear, not tacky (like Zagg) and feels like the baked screen. The closest mall here has a kiosk but they didn't have any for the 920 but did have the 900s in stock so I took a close look. Very nice and they wrap around the sides. I ordered the clear for my red 920 and it's supposed to be in this week.

I'll post back about the fit when I get it installed if anyone is interested.

Oh, the ones on the iPads have held up very well over the last couple of years. I give my old iPads to my grandkids (4 and 8) and even they can't seem to do any damage, plus sticky fingerprints wipe right off.

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Ghost Armor has some too. Clear and a bunch of carbon fiber (black, red, grey, yellow, purple, maybe another...). I have put the clear on a couple of iPads (front and back) and really like it. The screen protector is very clear, not tacky (like Zagg) and feels like the baked screen. The closest mall here has a kiosk but they didn't have any for the 920 but did have the 900s in stock so I took a close look. Very nice and they wrap around the sides. I ordered the clear for my red 920 and it's supposed to be in this week.

I'll post back about the fit when I get it installed if anyone is interested.

Oh, the ones on the iPads have held up very well over the last couple of years. I give my old iPads to my grandkids (4 and 8) and even they can't seem to do any damage, plus sticky fingerprints wipe right off.
Please do post it. There's a kiosk nearby me too. Interested to do how good it'll be for the 920.

wcrm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When my wife wears clothes without pockets at home, she holds her phone under her arm. She previously had an iPhone with a big rubber case that provided a lot of grip. Now she has a red 920 which is always slipping out of her arm. I rather she not hide the phone in a case, so do any of these clear skins provide more grip?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I was looking at this one earlier and might pull the trigger on it

Most Popular - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Nokia Lumia 920

They have clear and carbon fiber look. I like the clear one as it doesn't take away from the color of my cyan

Edit:

Amazon has them for a few bucks less

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 920 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

guys, ebay has pretty much the same thing @ $3.99 shipped. i have it and its perfectly pre-cut. easy to apply as well.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I have the matte black and its a slippery little sucker. Given its size does the skin help with grip?

good question. i have the white one so i never had problem with grip.

i forget the 920 comes in flat colors as well. you know what, i don't think you'll be able to apply the film on the back due to the textured design.

C s G

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
When my wife wears clothes without pockets at home, she holds her phone under her arm. She previously had an iPhone with a big rubber case that provided a lot of grip. Now she has a red 920 which is always slipping out of her arm. I rather she not hide the phone in a case, so do any of these clear skins provide more grip?

I had the original ZAGG InvisibleShield on my iPhone 3GS and I would say that it did provide more grip.

Gadgetman110

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Was reading all this and while researching found a code for half off on the Skinomi TechSkin on the www.skinomi.com site. Enter holiday2012 at normal checkout (not paypal link) and you get 50% off AND free shipping!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos