Can't copy large movie FROM phone to PC

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So I converted a movie to .mp4 and dragged it over to my 920 in usb mode. The movie was 1080p which I down coverted to 720p and resulted in a 4.5gb file. Movie plays fine.

A friend asked me for a copy of the movie. I tried to copy it from the phone by usb and it only copies over 501mb to the PC which clearly isn't the full movie and fails to play. I can understand how copying a large file to a FAT32 usb drive would be an issue but this file was copied over at home on my Windows 8 PC and I'm attempting to copy it over to my Windows 7 PC and it keeps failing. I tried it on a few co-workers PC's here too and same thing. I haven't tried copying it back to my home PC yet.

I have another movie at 3.89gb on the phone which copies back and forth no problem.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else have this issue?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I converted a movie to .mp4 and dragged it over to my 920 in usb mode. The movie was 1080p which I down coverted to 720p and resulted in a 4.5gb file. Movie plays fine.

A friend asked me for a copy of the movie. I tried to copy it from the phone by usb and it only copies over 501mb to the PC which clearly isn't the full movie and fails to play. I can understand how copying a large file to a FAT32 usb drive would be an issue but this file was copied over at home on my Windows 8 PC and I'm attempting to copy it over to my Windows 7 PC and it keeps failing. I tried it on a few co-workers PC's here too and same thing. I haven't tried copying it back to my home PC yet.

I have another movie at 3.89gb on the phone which copies back and forth no problem.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else have this issue?

Depends on the file system of the PC's, but fat32 has a 4gb limit whereas NTFS does not. Do you know what file systems those other pcs use?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the file system of the PC's, but fat32 has a 4gb limit whereas NTFS does not. Do you know what file systems those other pcs use?

The C: drive on our work PC's are formatted NTFS. So I can't see why I shouldn't be able to copy this file over to it.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Are USB ports disabled on the work PCs?

No, they work fine. I plug usb drives in them all the time. Wondering if it's just a problem with the specific file.. Just tried to cut and paste from the phone to the desktop (instead of copy) and it began to move the file, ended move at 15% and the resulting file on my desktop was again an unplayable 501mb. The original file was gone from my phone. So now I'll sadly have to re-convert the movie again. Ugh.

Jakob Rosenberg

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Whether I try to open or copy large files from Lumia 920, they only load about 15%. Could this be caused by Windows trying to load the files in to memory first before writing it to the harddrive?

Steamspade

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same problem - have recorded a show approx 1 hour of recording - and now I can't get it out of the Phone... That is really an isue....
It's 5.6Gb recording, copying it out results in a file approx 1.5Gb - with no errors...
- however - it won't play... Corrupted...
- Help/Alternate suggestions please.. Got it by 'save to skydrive' as the only way of getting anything out - resulting in a crappy 52Mb video with ultra poor quality... So - the Video Works on the phone...

Peter Young Kim

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
same here.

the video is 4.3GB, and there is no way to get it out of my Lumia 920 w/ Windows Phone 8. this really hit me off guard!!

I am on Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Windows Phone (mac app).

when I use import selected items in Windows Phone -> Browse Device, it launches iPhoto, but fails to import it.
when I drag and drop, it stops at 1,409,288,211B ~=1.4GB

seriously????

Gregory Gabriella

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I am using a software called Long Path Tool for such errors and it is working like charm, i have no problems in copying or extracting anything anywhere.:straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs