3 weeks, still no phone (walmart)

Andeh

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So, it's been a month now and still nothing. I call at least 3-4 times a week. They did offer next day shipping, and yesterday I got offered a Bluetooth headset with my order.

Today I got this email:

"We haven?t yet received word yet on when we?ll get the Nokia Lumia 920 phone; but we remain confident that it is coming soon. We talk with AT&T several times a day and have received a number of previously unavailable phones; but this one remains very popular and, so far, hard to come by in volume nationwide.

Once we hear a solid date that we can communicate we will send you an email and let you know exactly when we will begin shipping. You will receive an update on or before 4pm Friday, 12/14. Please know that we are not satisfied with the experience you have had with Walmart Wireless and are doing everything in our power to fulfill your order quickly. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless.

markydore

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from them still hasn't shipped. I wonder whats the problem with the Cyan Lumias

Dear Mark,

We promised we’d write you today to give you an update on your Nokia Lumia 920 phone.

We’ve been in constant contact with AT&T since we last wrote, but unfortunately we still don’t have a definitive date that we can communicate to you just yet. The signals are positive though, and we are hopeful that we’ll have something concrete that we can report soon.

We hope that the next communication you receive informs you that your phone was shipped, but if that doesn’t happen before Tuesday 12/18, we’ll send you an email to tell you what we know.

Thanks again for your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Well, Walmart did provide an update...to say, "No Update."

Dear beej,
We promised we’d write you today to give you an update on your Nokia Lumia 920 phone.

We’ve been in constant contact with AT&T since we last wrote, but unfortunately we still don’t have a definitive date that we can communicate to you just yet. The signals are positive though, and we are hopeful that we’ll have something concrete that we can report soon.

We hope that the next communication you receive informs you that your phone was shipped, but if that doesn’t happen before Tuesday 12/18, we’ll send you an email to tell you what we know.

Thanks again for your patience.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Walmart Wireless

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
True, but I have to say that I highly prefer this approach to the AT&T one of not even allowing you to order *and* saying nothing at all! :)

I'd rather a combination of the two: frequent updates, but no ordering capability until they have a date they expect to ship. Even if it's 2-3 weeks out, I'd be okay with a delay so long as they gave an estimate--if they then shipped early, we could all be happy. But taking orders and then not fulfilling them is frustrating.

I guess this is the order of my preference:
  • Ability to order, ships same day
  • Ability to order, expected ship date, with updates
  • Ability to order, no expected ship date, with updates
  • No Ability to order, with updates
  • No ability to order, no updates.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
but no ordering capability until they have a date they expect to ship.

Hmm, I guess that's where we differ. I don't see any issue with taking orders even with no date. At least they are keeping an ordered waiting list that they can fulfill in a fair way when stock comes in. And its not like you get charged until it ships...

With the AT&T way, I feel like I get nothing for my original order on 11/19 (which was cancelled). When they go back on sale, someone who just decided that day can swoop in and grab one ahead of me. (Good for them but doesn't seem particularly fair :)

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I guess that's where we differ. I don't see any issue with taking orders even with no date. At least they are keeping an ordered waiting list that they can fulfill in a fair way when stock comes in. And its not like you get charged until it ships...

I can see that point. For sure! I'm still sticking on a timeline, though. They could even say "4-6 weeks" and then ship in 3-4 or up to 6 weeks. You know, under promise, over deliver. But keeping place in line--I can see the importance of that!!

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from Walmart..

We sincerely apologize for the delay in fulfilling your Walmart Wireless order.

We are letting you know that Red, Yellow and Cyan Nokia Lumia phones are constrained throughout the nationwide AT&T dealer network.

We recently received several hundred Black Lumia devices while other color models are not currently available. We will continue to hold your order (unless you notify us otherwise) and send you a shipping update as soon as it is available. We are working diligently with both AT&T and Nokia to secure the phones and we will do our best to let you know before Friday December 21st if you need to make alternate plans for your phone order. If you have made this purchase as a Christmas gift we suggest that you cancel and look for an alternate model to ensure delivery prior to 12/25.

We will automatically upgrade your order to next business day shipping.

If you would like to cancel your order, we recommend you use our Customer Support site where you can quickly cancel your order with just a few clicks. You can also call our Customer Support team at 888-843-2485 and an agent will gladly help you cancel your order or select another device.

We are sorry that we don’t have better news.

Sincerely,

Walmart Wireless Customer Support Team​

avi920

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from Walmart..

We sincerely apologize for the delay in fulfilling your Walmart Wireless order.

We are letting you know that Red, Yellow and Cyan Nokia Lumia phones are constrained throughout the nationwide AT&T dealer network.

We recently received several hundred Black Lumia devices while other color models are not currently available. We will continue to hold your order (unless you notify us otherwise) and send you a shipping update as soon as it is available. We are working diligently with both AT&T and Nokia to secure the phones and we will do our best to let you know before Friday December 21st if you need to make alternate plans for your phone order. If you have made this purchase as a Christmas gift we suggest that you cancel and look for an alternate model to ensure delivery prior to 12/25.

We will automatically upgrade your order to next business day shipping.

If you would like to cancel your order, we recommend you use our Customer Support site where you can quickly cancel your order with just a few clicks. You can also call our Customer Support team at 888-843-2485 and an agent will gladly help you cancel your order or select another device.
We are sorry that we don’t have better news.

Sincerely,
Walmart Wireless Customer Support Team​

I got an email from Walmart that my 920 is shipping tomorrow :evil: with an overnight shipping. Can't wait..

Dear Xyz,

Great News! Your new AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 Red has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.

If you have any questions or to view and print the details of your order, please visit our Customer Support website by following the link below.

Customer Support

Thank you for choosing Walmart Wireless. Your order will soon be on its way to you.

Sincerely,
The Customer Service Team at Walmart Wireless

knobturner75

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I ordered a cyan Lumia 920 on 11/10. I got tired of waiting and tried to get the white one from WalMart, but the answer was the same as the other colors. So, I cancelled my WalMart order, walked into my local AT&T store, and walked out an hour later with a new, white Lumia 920. Especially after today's negative email, I'm happy I made that decision.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
what gets me is there was no offer for another 920 in a different color that was in stock, i didn't specifically care if my phone was yellow or not any other color probably would have been ok, if i ever get one it will probably get a case anyway. i went with the yellow because it was the best deal at the time "supposedly".

greak94

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was curious to see if there has been any update on the cyan availability. I've spent two months waiting, and even though accidently cancelling my order and refusing to pay compensation was just the brunt of my conflicts, at this point I'm so deep in what's another month.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
nope no phone yet, i don't think anyone got their phone on one of the good holiday deals yet. some people are getting phones but it seems like most of them are from at&t. i went with walmart's deal on cyber monday hoping it shows up before black friday.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I put in an order on Monday for a yellow 920 from AT&T Premier and got it Thursday. WalMart kept my order active for over a month while AT&T was out of stock but ultimately I just wanted a phone as soon as possible so I cancelled WalMart.

Still the fact it is finally in stock at AT&T is a good sign for those waiting on WalMart...

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be soon(ish). Here's an email I got from Matt Rothschild @ Nokia:

"Supplies are flowing each day from Nokia to AT&T an in turn to AT&T?s Partners such as Walmart Wireless. I am hoping that our partners here will be able to fulfill this order very soon."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss