How do I transfer photos/contacts from iPhone 5 to my new Nokia 920?

vingengo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I am getting the Nokia 920 (Black) tonight. I have lots of "pictures" taken from my iPhone 5 and of course lots of "contact" information as well.

Assuming I can load the pictures and contacts to the 920, what is best and easiest way to accomplish this?

Any help or advice would greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
There is an App called Transfer My Data. It transfers your contact and text messages. Not sure about the photos and what else it grabs...

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
For the pictures you can sync to your PC first or install Skydrive on your phone and upload the pics from the iPhone to your Skydrive which of course will show up on your WP once you sign in with that same MS account.

As for contacts are they stored with a specific email account or simply local contacts on the iPhone? If part of another account you can just add that account to the new WP and it will pull them in, or you could import them over to your MS account of course as well then sync in a similar way.

mkmarine

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I am by no means claiming this to be the best way, but it's what I did to accomplish your question...

For contacts, I used the "Transfer my Data" from Nokia apps which works through bluetooth connection. Mine worked flawlessly from 4s. It will add the contacts to your default Microsoft account, so my only suggestion is that you start with a blank canvas first, as in use an account that you do not pull the contacts from (outlook.com, or hotmail for example). I made the mistake of pulling all my outlook.com contacts first and it pulled WAY too many contacts that I never knew existed, such as email addresses I sent emails to once. So, if you start with an empty contact list, you'll have your exact contacts from your iPhone in your 920 and you can then add in your facebook/twitter/linkedIn accounts to merge with your current contacts. I wish I would've done that first and saved me a ton of time spent deleting contacts I didn't want.

As far as pictures go, the most brute force would be to import them into one folder on your computer, then sync them or drag/drop them onto your 920 once connected via usb. Another option is to upload them to SkyDrive so you have access to them but don't necessarily take up hard drive space. Perhaps someone else could chime in on better ways.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Why dont you sync it with itunes and then sync itunes with 920?

I thought that worked quite well, but maybe its just music?

absorbingman013

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
connect your iphone to a computer, export the photos to your computer. connect lumia to your computer then open you lumia folders and copy the exported photos to your lumia. you can manage photos on your lumia with windows explorer.

sonic1519

May 7, 2013
Visit site
if you already have a outlook 2013 or a outlook.com MS account the contacts are easy.
when you set up your 920 use your MS outlook.com email account as your main account
all the contacts in outlook will sync to your 920. also windows phone app for desktop works good.
it will sync over all pics and music from itunes from your pc. i like it because you can pick whatever you won't to sync to your new 920
good luck...............

jhnjohn

Banned
May 23, 2014
Visit site
It is really irritatign when iPhone data become inaccessible due to any reasons. Many of times it starts throwing error message and which is one irritating problem for any of them. In order to get rid from such problem better is to use iPhone transfer tool. This is one of bets solution with which it is easy to get rid from such problem. Even 5S to Mac transfer suffering from such problem can also get rid from such problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb