How to get an app to run in the background after disabling it?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So I think I blocked facebook from running in the background before but now I want to unblock it.

I check the box that says turn background tasks back on for this app the next time I open it, then I go open the app, go back into settings and its still blocked.

Anyone have the same issue and/or no how to unblock it?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I think some else had this issue, and it turn out that it relates to the Facebook lockscreen. Had you used that previously?

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with Facebook app, though i never blocked it.
I re-installed facebook and now it's working fine, but i don't know if there is a fix without re-installing.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The Facebook background task is ONLY related to the lockscreen images if you have selected Facebook for your lockscreen image. There is no other background task that Facebook uses. It IS NOT used for notifications, chat, etc.

It will not unblock if you do not have the lockscreen image selection as Facebook, as there is no other task it needs to run.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook background task is ONLY related to the lockscreen images if you have selected Facebook for your lockscreen image. There is no other background task that Facebook uses. It IS NOT used for notifications, chat, etc.

It will not unblock if you do not have the lockscreen image selection as Facebook, as there is no other task it needs to run.

Well that sucks cuz im not getting any notifications from facebook and I thought that was the reason.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on AppointTile. Couldn't figure out how to get notifications working again, and the tile stopped updating. Had to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Christopher Vopal

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the notifications stop showing up for ne, and I realized it happened when I added Facebook to the lock screen in settings. I took it off, and my notifications came back. It's kinda annoying, and I can deal with it, but it needs addressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234