Call quality need fix!

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The call quality isnt very good. Speaker sounds good. I tried other 920's at ATT and they all pretty much sound the same.

Hope they fix it.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Who the heck used their cell phones as a phone anymore? The 1990's called they want their technology back.

j/k

I honestly haven't noticed an issue people said I sound better on my Lumia 920 then I did on my 900 and I can actually use the speaker phone now.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you here, bud.

Every once in a while people would say they had a hard time hearing me on my Lumia 900, but I have had no such problems on the 920.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i absolutely love the call quality of this phone.

my previous phone was the iphone. both the lumia and iphone gets 2-3 bars at my house and the call quality on the lumia is excellent even with 1-2 bars. my iphone dropped calls left and right with same signal.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah call quality is excellent...better than the Samsung Focus easily. On par with or better than any cell phone I've ever had including the iPhone.

john phan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes i noticed people are telling me that they can't hear me due to breaking up. It works good on speaker and bluetooth. Hopefully they will have that fixed. jp

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I am not happy with the call quality either. So far that's the only thing I miss about my 3GS.
Hmm..that doesn't sound good at all.. the 3GS was awful compared to my E71 at the time.. I really need to get one for testing, and return it if I don't like it.

smyers91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem. It is very consistent and happens after 10 minutes into a call. It is so bad the other person cannot hear any words I say. I've had AT&T for many years and reception is great where I live so it doesn't make sense, but has been happening since the day I got the phone. They describe it as breaking up, too. As far as hearing the other person, it sounds great. I just can't carry out a conversation on the phone with someone more than 10 minutes because my side is too distorted. I can't seem to find others having this problem though so it may just be a few of the phones.:unhappy:

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T in an area where you'll drop calls if you go into the wrong room of the house, but I have to say, this phone is, so far, a significant improvement as far as call quality over my iPhone 3GS. Not that the 3GS was horrible - just much more "what"-ing.

Stephen Martin

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. People can not hear me when I am speaking. They say I sound like i am in a tunnel or can not understand me. The sound quality coming back to me is great.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. People can not hear me when I am speaking. They say I sound like i am in a tunnel or can not understand me. The sound quality coming back to me is great.

So far I am very happy with the call quality. I had somebody tell me today I sounded like I was in a tunnel, and I noticed I was not holding the phone well. I turned so the mike end was oriented closer to my mouth and she said I then sounded fine.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
It seems like the earpiece on my 920 has gotten a lot worse since I got my 920... everyone sounds tinny and distorted now. I wonder if it's a physical issue with my earpiece. Sigh.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Its the call quality on my end thats the problem. I can't hear the people i'm talkin to very well. Its good enough, but should be better. My dads metro pcs sounds clearer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte