My first "HOLY CRAP!" moment with the camera in the Lumia 920 (bonus iPhone 4S comparison shot)

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My first "HOLY CRAP!" moment with the camera in the Lumia 920 (bonus iPhone 4S comparison shot)

You can tell the problems with the 920 are software related. If you really pay attention you can tell the actual photo is awesome then when it gets converted to jpeg all the problems happen. You will get a quick clips of the raw picture.

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: My first "HOLY CRAP!" moment with the camera in the Lumia 920 (bonus iPhone 4S comparison shot)

Can someone give me a quick summary/guide to how to take the best photos using the settings given on the camera?

Me being a camera noob, helpful tips about when to use the settings such as Scenes (example, night vs night portrait), Iso, Exposure value and White balance would be greatly appreciated! Want to maximize the awesome camera as much as possible

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My first "HOLY CRAP!" moment with the camera in the Lumia 920 (bonus iPhone 4S comparison shot)

You can tell the problems with the 920 are software related. If you really pay attention you can tell the actual photo is awesome then when it gets converted to jpeg all the problems happen. You will get a quick clips of the raw picture.

Yeah, I don't get why? The phone has 32GB and one of the fastest ISP and SoC combos around. There is no excuse for why the images are so ridiculously compressed.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

It would be awesome if we could save .raw files! I don't see why they don't. Probably because WP8 can't handle .raw images?

I really hope they update sooner than later.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

well you still need to hold the camera relatively still since aperture is open for like a whole second to let more light in. But yeah, I love showing other people, "see how its pitch black. BOOM let there be light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon