Can you send Cinemagraph pictures?

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No, they are saved as gifs. If you connect your phone to your computer via USB and transfer it that way, or save to your skydrive and download it to your computer.

I tried it myself, and you're right, if you try to email it, it will be a jpg.

therealper

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
it's a shame for nokia. you want to share this with friend? just dont send via email, save it to computer or cloud then download again.

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just manually saved it to my skydrive, then downloaded it from skydrive on my laptop. Properties say its a .gif file, then I uploaded it to imgur, yet it doesn't have any animation. Am I doing something wrong?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
might have to click on the image view to start the animations? As mentioned you can send them via email or share them via Skydrive.
The biggest downside is the size of the file.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i think this is shortfall of this one (sharing aspect), but as Nokia has been updating every other app i hope we soon that being added in the near future.

I just manually saved it to my skydrive, then downloaded it from skydrive on my laptop. Properties say its a .gif file, then I uploaded it to imgur, yet it doesn't have any animation. Am I doing something wrong?

Do other gifs show animation where you are viewing it? Not everything is able to show those gifs.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
When you view it in skydrive (on PC), it displays as a jpg, but if you right click, and select view original, it'll show you the gif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon