How to: Different ringtone for different people calling

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just found this and thought I'd seen some people complaining that the phone didn't support it.

If you would like a different ringtone depending on who calls go to the people app. Choose the person and then choose edit. Tap ringtone and choose the tone you want for that person. I haven't checked to see if custom ringtones can be used here as well yet, but there are a pretty large number of choices.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You may want to post this in the WP8 Newbie Tips thread so that the new users have a nice central spot to go look as not all of them may have a Lumia 920. Good post though useful feature for people who may want to avoid...I mean enjoy specific ringtones for certain people.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You may want to post this in the WP8 Newbie Tips thread so that the new users have a nice central spot to go look as not all of them may have a Lumia 920. Good post though useful feature for people who may want to avoid...I mean enjoy specific ringtones for certain people.

Good point, I've added a post in that thread as well...

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
One quesiton concerning ring tones. I downloaded the park and recreation -theme from music store to be my ringtone. I was surprised that I couldn't do that except by connecting my phone via usb to pc, then moving the song to pc and then back as "ringtone". Then it was found under ringtone -list? Is it really so that I can't convert music songs in my phone to ringtones without connecting to pc?

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it really so that I can't convert music songs in my phone to ringtones without connecting to pc?
Yes, it is. The only way "around" this are some of the free ringtone apps that essentially download ringtones right into that folder. I haven't looked into whether or not there is an actual ringtone maker on in the store yet.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is. The only way "around" this are some of the free ringtone apps that essentially download ringtones right into that folder. I haven't looked into whether or not there is an actual ringtone maker on in the store yet.

FWIW, "YouRang" used to be a good app for custom ringtones it pulled songs from Youtube and converted them to ringtones. However since an update it unfortunately stopped working and it's not available for WP8 at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99