Where to buy a 920 to use on Net10?

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Lumia 900 on Net10 and would like to upgrade to the 920. I walked into AT&T and was going to buy one off them (for the full $450) but they said they won't sell me one without having an AT&T account attached to it no matter what.

Anyone know if that's true? And if so, what are my other options for getting a hold of one?

g_wells04

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine for $450 and activated it on net 10. I had to go to 2 different stores to do so. the first store wasn't going to sell it to me but the guy was going to let me activate it on att go phone plan. which wasn't that expensive but no 4g and he said 3g may not work either. I was going to go that route but they only had a white and red, and I wanted black. so I called another store for the color I wanted, explained to the guy that I wanted to buy it commitment free as a gift for someone who already had a att contract and he said no problem. I also got another one just by telling a salesperson that I was in a contract that expires at the end of the month and I didn't want to activate a new contract until I was able to port my number from my old carrier. another no problem!!! just don't try to go to the store for the free charging plate. they were pretty pissed that I got the phone without activating att service first lol

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Wireless, Microsoft Store, Best Buy, etc. There are quite a few places to get them. Color options may be limited.

The problem is everyone else seems to want $579+ for it without a contract while AT&T itself only charges $450. I checked Amazon's PM policy and it says they don't price match phones purchased without a contract.

imprezart

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had bestbuy pricematch with AT&T no contract price of $450, and currently using it on straight talk. They just checked the online price and matched it.

cleblanc9307

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
So did you get the Lumia 920 and get it to work with Net10?? If so, how is it (Net10)? Any issues? I am getting the 920 this weekend and since straight talk doesn't have anymore at&t sim cards it looks like I'm going to have to go with Net10 or Red Pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs