Lumia 920 screen problems

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone, i am new here but i have use the lumia 920 for 2 weeks. i had a really bad experiences. i am holding the third one right now. just wanna tell you guys the problem. when i open the box, the screen is perfect. very clean very impressive. but 2 hours later, i found the top of the screen which close to the NOKIA signature has some blot or dirt ? i dont know how to call it, cause it is so weird. i can clean it by cloth, but once i touch the place with my finger, it is come back again. it is not the finger prints. obviously it is appear when i touch the place and look like different with the rest of screen. anyone has the same issues?? or someone know how to fix it ? i will try to get the pic to make it clear. this is my first thread. thanks
now as you can see the pics. someone help me plz ....:crying::crying::crying:

Attachments

• IMG_3390.jpg
    IMG_3390.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 74

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Had that on my black one but not my replacement white. I didn't think it was a big deal, but I was constantly wiping off that section to make it clear again.

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have something like that on mine...looks like piece of a fingerprint, but never goes away completely. The good thing is I can only see it when the screen is off, and I don't look at my phone much with the screen off.

Tr1cky49

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You returned your phone for that? I can get it to do a similar thing on mine if I wipe my finger over that area (therefore depositing some finger 'grease') but it can't be seen after I wipe it clean again.

RagBuster

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with my yellow phone. Getting it exchanged as this is a very annoying defect. Mine is not quite as bad as your picture shows, a rectangle area to the right of the front facing camera.

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
yeah, but i found that everyone has the same problem. no one tell us what it is. even i twitter the nokia_help . they said go to nokia care centre.

MikamiEamon

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, do you solve this problem yet?
Mine 3 days old lumia 920 got same issue around the Nokia logo area.. the grease stains there easily but can be wiped off by clothe.
I think the oleophobic coating effect is worn off there.

Last edited:

cappstein

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
i have definetly the same problem but the worse one.. mine is a square in the middle of the screen. its so annoying.. and im not sure that i can exchange it with a new one or not.. here in turkey its pretty hard to exchange the cellphones..

MikamiEamon

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just check my old iphone 4. Around the home button, it shows same symptom as the coating for anti finger prints worn off over years.
I think this isn't a big deal for me anymore, even its on my new Nokia Lumia 920. Couple months later, it will be the same anyway.
Also, I check with my coworkers' Lumia 920, 4 of them, all have this issue. One of them is even much worse, since the coating has been mostly worn off, fingerprints, greases can easily stay all over the screen (no screen protector attached).

Alfredo Urquiza

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

This is not the same issue but I need help and it is related to the screen: I have my 920 for just 10 days (unlocked and ordered online) It arrived in perfect condition but today a thin line of dead pixels appeared from top to bottom in the screen. Due to the "retina like" resolution of the screen it may be possible that the pixels are not dead but that one of the color components is set to zero or something like that. The point is, there is a line and don't go away no matter what I do. The phone was never hit, dropped or damaged in any way so I don't know what to do.

I know the obvious answer: ask for a replacement. But I'd like to know if this is a frequent failure or if any of you has heard about it.

Thanks for comments.

Alfredo

MikamiEamon

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
As the problem seems not a normal wear n tear, you should be able to claim for warrantee..
This doesn't sound normal and I didn't see any post like yours.

DKin123

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with my red Lumia 920. I noticed that the oleo-phobic coating around the earpiece was virtually not there. I chalked it up to a manufacturing defect. Since I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of sending the phone back or waiting for a replacement one, I bought this stuff called fusso online to see if it could restore the coating in that odd spot. After applying it like fifty times (and I'm not joking), it is now gone. I also had to deal with the lint in the front facing camera as well. A can of high pressure air blew it out.

That having been said... When I bought the Lumia 920, I went in with the expectations that "they're not apple." So the product is not perfect in it's build. It more than makes up for it with the other qualities.. Camera quality... especially in low light conditions. It's also a very sturdy phone.

If you're like me, and want your phone to look absolutely perfect, then this phone is probably not the one to get. However, from reading the rest of these posts, it looks like Nokia has fixed the glass coating defect. So other than dust in the ff lens, this is a great phone! I wish microsoft allowed more freedom in customizing the tile colors and offering more shades to choose from.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Dunno about u guys, but before Lumia920 I had iPhone4, and iPhone3G, and Nokia E61 before that... I have got used to do an instant wipe off the screen as soon as I finished doing anything with it, no matter if I just finshed a call, texted some1, or just checked something on the web. It is perfectly normal for grease to stay on the screen, and there is no olephobic coating that will not catch some stains from ur fingers, or cheeks. Just do a nice wipe with ur shirt or something. I have some extraweight, so I can easily wipe it with the phone pressed to my belly :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05