8x Accessories from HTC

chicubs1908

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Will we see accessories from the 8x that are actually from HTC?

Totally an OCD thing, but I would rather not use a Nokia charging pad for my HTC 8x. I know it doesn't matter, but I am more curious than anything.

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I would say that since wireless charging is exclusive to Verizon, and Verizon already has their own chargers (for example, the LG WCP-700 is Verizon branded), HTC won't be producing an OEM wireless charger.

zero157h7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Every device Verizon has had with wireless charging has been listed as working with the LG pad. I would not expect anything from HTC, but if you want, you can get some white out and write HTC on the LG pad.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You never know. We already have the official htc double-shot cases for the 8x. They also released a fitted charging dock for the HTC radar.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little OCD about the Doubleshot cases. I ordered a blue one (only color available) for my black phone and it's awesome. I would like a black and a limelight yellow, but I think I will need to pause my searching a little bit because it gets annoying to hunt down something that hasn't been released yet. I think they will, but don't know when :(

We need to wait a little for HTC to release more official accessories.

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my Doubleshot case today. Fits very nicely.

Adds a little more weight and makes it a little chunkier but not enough to bother me.
It now makes the buttons a little proud making them easier to find by touch, and you dont have to press them hard to activate them.
Originally I found the case around USB port at the bottom of the phone a little sharp but the case stops that from happening. The USB cable also looks like a better fit when the case is attached.

I also got the screen protector too. Nothing special its just a screen protector. I wish it went to the edges alittle more as it falls short by about 3mm.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I got this one Verizon Shell/Holster Combo. I wasn't a big fan at first, but it's the only thing that's out so far that is close to my style, and I too would like OEM HTC accessories.. But it has since grown on me. The snap on case is light yet sturdy, and very thin. At first glance you can't tell there's a case on it. I like that if you don't want to use the holster on occasion, you don't have to. The kick stand rocks. And the case also works with wireless charging (Verizon 8x, here) which on a side note, I wandered in to the closest Microsoft Store today (only 2 here in NJ) but was well worth the trip....I picked up the Nokia charging stand and it works like a charm with the VZN 8x....with or without the case.

Without the case

With the case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs