is it possible to purchase oem poly carbonate shell online somewhere?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
i'm fairly new to nokia. the last nokia phone i had was back in 1999 so i don't know how nokia operates these days.

i've searched ebay and google but couldn't find anything but just regular covers.

what i'm looking for is the OEM poly carbonate shell of the lumia 920. kind of like the ones they sent out on the press kits. i wanna buy every color except white.

Last edited:

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If the shells were replaceable that would be awesome. Then I wouldn't have to worry about scratching the shell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there are any available right now. Give it a few weeks, they should pop up on ebay. The shell is replaceable, but it takes a while to replace it and that procedure is not for people who get a heart attack when they see a million little electronic pieces.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is it officially replaceable? If it is I could just get a black 920 now and replace it with a yellow shell later.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually curious if someone--or even Nokia--will come out with some alternate bodies, exotic, materials like carbon-fiber or magnesium. I can see high-end, limited production, models in the future, like the 920-Z, or something. Or maybe something like a Mercedes co-branded "AMG" model.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as to this, as well. I suddenly find myself wanting a yellow device. The black is sexy but it won't turn heads.

Then again I'm using a case, d'oh.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Is it officially replaceable? If it is I could just get a black 920 now and replace it with a yellow shell later.

What do you mean officially? The shells are OEM, you take it apart yourself, void the warranty and put it back together. As soon as you open it, your warranty is void. You would be replacing it just like they would at a repair shop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234