Help! Looking to buy a Windows Phone 8... need advice.

blazin3

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently a T-Mobile pre-paid customer. I could just get the Lumia 810 or even the 8X. I think I prefer the Lumia. Some folks seem to really love the 810, and maybe I should just go there, but...

I am also thinking I should get the flagship product the Lumia 920 from AT&T, especially because I would appreciate the high-end camera, but I am not willing to move from T-Mobile to AT&T. I keep hearing different things about the 920 a) working with T-Mobile and b) AT&T giving out unlock codes. I guess I could also buy an international unlocked phone? I see that from time to time although I'm not sure where you buy one of those. And do they cost more?

So... what should I do? Which phone to get? Where to get it? How to get it unlocked assuming I go with the 920?

Thanks!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are not willing to move to at&t I would not get the 920, what differentiates the 920 at&t model from the international is LTE, LTE is faster than HSPA+ on t-mobile. It is faster than wifi. It is the one reason why I went to at&t. The 8x is a flagship device and it takes great pics, I picked the Lumia 920 because of the night photos, day time photos need a lot of work. HTC has made the camera app much better, in the Lumia devices the options are very limited yet in a device like the HTC Titan 2, there are so many options to make your camera better that I find the camera better on my Titan 2 if you know which settings to pick. The lumia at default takes better pics then my Titan 2, but I can easily make them better by adjusting some settings and the t2 takes better pics.

The other thing to look at is why I picked the Lumia 920 is because of the exclusive apps and features. Wireless charging is a gimmick but it gets kind of cool when you can charge your phone on a NFC stereo and play your music wireless to your radio just by setting it on top of it.

If money is no object, I think the 8x 16gig model is probably your best bet because you will get the fastest data speeds from t-mobile. This is what I would do if I were you. If you are willing to make the jump the 920 is the best bang for your money, you get twice the memory at a cheaper price, you also get a great camera on par with teh 8x, and better at night time, and lastly you get the exclusive apps from nokia.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had been telling myself from the start that the 8x is second to the 920. Although now that I've seen it in person (and purchased it lol) I take that back! The phone is absolutely gorgeous and is super fast! Screen is amazing and camera is surprisingly very good! Not only that, but the sound when you play music through your beats headphones is insane! Very very loud and crystal clear!

I'm happy with my 8x, my buddys 920 bricked on him. Then again my screen is glitchy and needs to be exchanged.

Just go to the store and hold them. Its the only way to know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234