Do you use the official wall charger almost exclusively? (battery issues)

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I saw someone make a good point in a different thread, and it got me wondering. I know the Nexus 7 is sensitive to using only its own charger or at least is very finicky with others, and I wonder if some if not many of the battery issues the 920 has is because people are maybe using other chargers out of convenience. I only use mine when charging at night, during the day I use others that are around the house and of course I charge in the car. Could people using the non-provided charger most of the time be a factor in some way? (not the only factor) When I got my wife's 920 in I actually first charged it on my old 900 white charging cable out of convenience, and the phone was very hot all during the initial charge. I wonder if this may account for some of the randomness that people have with battery issues (maybe the wrong charger messes with calibration somehow).

I did multiple choice for those of you that have more than one 920 or maybe there are times when you go back and forth depending on your location all day.

Brutos UK

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I only use the wireless pad and the battery life is generally very good. Well apart from once when I discovered taking a few 1080p videos and setting the phone to upload them to Skydrive on my very slow 0.4 Mb upload speed broadband hammers the battery. :wink:

jonesychris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I use the nokia provided power adapter, but my own Micro USB cable because I wanted one with a longer cable. I got a cheap 3 - $4 one from amazon. 0 Battery issues.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I used both the charger that came with my Samsung focus since I left the original charger at work and had no issues with battery. Then I finally remembered to bring back the charger from work and used that as well and no issue. Now I am using my wireless charger. I've gone as long as 2 days without having to charge.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
only reason I use the wall charger is because they haven't sent me my wireless charging stand yet.....OMFdfasdasasfasdfasdf its been like a month....sigh

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I used the Nokia wall charger twice before I got the wireless charging pad and once after. No problems whatsoever with either one. My battery life is so much better than what I had with HTC Titan in the same conditions. At work the signal is very poor and yet at the end of the day my 920's battery is at about 80% where the Titan was down to 30-40%.
I did try once the HTC wall charger but the phone got warmer than with the Nokia charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo