Dust under the front camera lumia 920

Shredcow

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have had the issue and I sent in my phone to the Nokia Care Centre for cleaning. Nokia assured me that the phone will be cleaned and resealed properly so this wouldn't happen again. The Nokia technician there also admitted that it was an issue of the seal around the glass.

So everything is clean now - will update if anything happens.

U_SAF

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
got it repaired by Nokia Care but again got the dust...this time I am going to make some big noises in Nokia Care Center.!!

stanip

Apr 6, 2007
Visit site
[h=1]I posted this in the Nokia forum... [/h]
Hi, just want to report back... This new firmware 1023 seems to be working for me... at least for the last 10 days keeping my fingers crossed. I have been using my 920 in Singapore and travelling overeseas and hardly blowed/wiped the 920 (sensor area) unlike before the fix.

Will drop a note in 10 more days to let everybody know whether this fix stays. I do not understand why Nokia does not make this new firmware downloadable to allow all 920 users to refresh and use the phone as a phone.

‎"2013-02-13 12:28

I (from Singapore) had exactly the same problem with my 920 like everybody here...

I sent my phone back to Nokia service center today. The guy there told me they had received a new firmware and they installed it for me within 4 hours. The phone is working...at least for now. Will monitor and see if this is really the solution.

What I have now on my phone:
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware revision number: 1232.5951.1249.1023
Radio software version: 1.0.202075.3"

armagezon

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
How firmware is solving a dust problem? I can't get it.

Anyway, i love 920 (i am thinking of buying it) but such a problem at a phone that costly, is really bad.

dnlyko

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Software update is not the solution to a defective hardware issue.
Dust will still enter the device and collect on the FFC and proximity sensor, and perhaps a lot of other components.
Nokia must recall this model and or replace existing units with a properly sealed unit.
MS needs to get on Nokia. WindowsPhone & Nokia have too much to loose.
For their sake, I hope the HTC and or Samsung have not released non-tested models.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I now have dust in my ffc I'm going to take it to a official Nokia repair shop just down the street from my house and to see what they think about this light leakage at the top of the screen.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Took it in engineer will take a look and see what they can do.

Which I will get a phone call tomorrow about the situation.

TobyGadd

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My first 920 had dust under the front-facing camera, and a hyperactive proximity sensor. Like many, I found that I could blow on the earpiece, and the phone would work properly for a few days. I finally got sick of blowing, and contacted Nokia--and they requested that I send it in for warranty repair. It's not back yet, but it'll be interesting to see what they do.

In the meantime, I got another new 920. I've had it for a week, and there is absolutely no dust accumulating under the glass. The proximity sensor works fine.

I think that a some 920s went out with defective seals.
Well, I've now been through two more units, and they have all had the same problem. Dust eventually builds up enough to block the proximity sensor and front-facing camera.

The software update seems to have made the proximity sensor less sensitive, and my phone seems more reliable now. Not a proper fix since it doesn't correct the underlying problem, but it does improve the situation. I figure that I'll see how things go, and then eventually try sending it in for service yet again. I wish that Nokia would take the initiative and just send me a working phone...

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
You set the little straw into the speaker, The right direction and spray. after that spray direct to the FFC.
put the straw As close as possible to FFC and spray.
that's helps for few weeks.

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Chatted with AT&T warranty support online this evening. They're sending me out a new phone. Should arrive in two business days then I'll ship this one back .

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
i called nokia and they want me to ship back the phone. i won't do that before i'll have a replacement.
i had dell venue pro and everytime i had a prob with the phone they first was sending me a replacement and then i was shipping
back the phone.
Nokia should learn from them

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I ended up using my air compressor and a needle (used for soccer/football) and was able to completely blow all the dust out. Thanks for the tip. You may want to just do that every now and then instead of shipping your phone back. Only took me like 10-15 seconds.

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Chatted with Nokia first letting them know I couldn't be without a phone for a week. They referred me to AT&T since it's under warranty and it would be quicker to get it exchanged at an AT&T repair center(any AT&T corporate store).
Chatted AT&T warranty support no more than 5minutes later letting them know my issue and why Nokia referred me to them(online warranty support chat.) **I also let them know I'm a Premier Account holder.
Rep I chatted with said dust in the FCC isn't covered and referred me to a corp. store to have them judge it and say yes/no.
Phoned up my nearest store asking if they had stock and explained everything that had happened so far. The rep in the store had a lumia 920 cyan, same as me and said he had the same issue but sadly they do not carry the Cyan in store.
So, seeing as how there was no point in going to the store I immediately chatted back with a new AT&T warranty online rep. Explained my situation, explained the "repair center" rep said I was good to go, and gave his name. Asked if warranty support could send me the new device. The rep agreed to. My replacement was set up 8/9hours ago and it took all of 20min. My phone will be arrive later this afternoon. Not bad :)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i called nokia and they want me to ship back the phone. i won't do that before i'll have a replacement.
i had dell venue pro and everytime i had a prob with the phone they first was sending me a replacement and then i was shipping
back the phone.
Nokia should learn from them

Nokia has done this for me several times :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium