A component is loose inside my Lumia 920 is this normal for you guys?

daguila29

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out if this is part of the design or a defective unit.

When I shake my Lumia 920 i can hear a feel like a component (Maybe the Battery) is loose inside.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Does anyone know if this is by design?

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just tried shaking mine.. wow! never noticed. If by you mean a tolerance of like 1 mm inside then yes. Mine does that. I have to shake it with a foot diameter to hear/feel it. Id assume by design. Feels like the battery.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If it feels like something big, it could be the battery. I read about one person having that issue. If you have to shake it hard and it is a small sound, it could be the camera that is floating on springs for the OIS.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same, BUT - there is two distinct sounds you may hear

First sound is a thud, or solid/heavy hit (best heard when placing phone in the palm, gripping the sides, and moving your wrist left to right quickly) - You may also hear it when tapping on the glass- this is the battery - Exchange your device.

Second sound is more tinish or hollow - this is the acceleramator/vibe feature and should cause no issues - no exchange needed.

Klevis

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is the puureview camera. I have read somewhere that it can be heard when shaking the phone. And it is logical since the camera is supposed to move because of OIS.

sullibr01

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it is the puureview camera. I have read somewhere that it can be heard when shaking the phone. And it is logical since the camera is supposed to move because of OIS.
Yes, I read or watched a review where they mentioned that you could hear the camera.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Those are the camera lenses that are suspended on springs, that's what makes the optical image stabilization work. All those noises are from that pieces in there.

daguila29

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I hear the Thud. might be the battery. My wife's Lumia has a sound but not as loud as mine.

I'm afraid if i return they will give me a refurbished one.

thanks for your help.

daguila29

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same, BUT - there is two distinct sounds you may hear

First sound is a thud, or solid/heavy hit (best heard when placing phone in the palm, gripping the sides, and moving your wrist left to right quickly) - You may also hear it when tapping on the glass- this is the battery - Exchange your device.

Second sound is more tinish or hollow - this is the acceleramator/vibe feature and should cause no issues - no exchange needed.

I hear the Thud. might be the battery. My wife's Lumia has a sound but not as loud as mine.

I'm afraid if i return they will give me a refurbished one.

thanks for your help.

Christian Santos1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread on this, it was taken back no questions asked, it actually affected my entire experience with the device. My new lumia has a sliiiiiiiiiiiight shake when I aggressively shake it (testing out of paranoia) it's the vibration device inside which is not uncommon, my iPhone 4S did the same thing when tested. As for everything else, the touch, response, fluidity, and it's not restarting, bricking, it's what it was intended to be, an awesome phone.

Jmax25

Banned
Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. I believe it was mentioned in one of the initial videos done by Engadget in Finland.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
As stock of Lumia 920 is low everywhere around here and my two weeks are already gone, I will just wait a bit until the dust settles and then go to the Nokia carepoint. Maybe they can just fix it onsite, open it up and tighten the battery holder screw or whatever...

I would try myself, but I'm afraid of the warranty loss when I open it.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I started hearing like something is loose in my phone as well as of yesterday. Found this thread, and it sounds exactly what I have. Placed an RMA with AT&T today. Hopefully my new one will not have this issue. Very strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers