One house, 2 920's, 2 happy people!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So, long story short... my girlfriend let me use her upgrade on 11/9 to get the device. She really liked it. So, I contacted AT&T to see if I could upgrade early (I bought the 900 when it came out in April), and after talking to a few people, they let me upgrade for $99 on a new 2 year deal. So, the device arrived today. I gave my girlfriend the device that was purchased on her account so the insurance matches up to the proper devices, and now, we're both tied up in the "group" feature. Getting used to it. Loving it. She's happy, I'm happy... but we're BOTH still waiting on our wireless chargers! Oh well, 1st world problems. But in short, we're both loving the new features WP8 has to offer over 7. She was a LG Quantum user and I was a Focus/HD7S/Lumia 900 user.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice! My wife and I got ours last week. (both 920's as well) Both loving our phones. Still waiting for our wireless chargers to ship.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My wife's cyan 920 is her first smartphone, and she absolutely loves it. In fact, she can't seem to put it down. I ordered it for her in store on launch day when I purchased my red 920.

ispyc6

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you get At&t to let you upgrade early. I also bought the 900 when it came out in April, they said because it hadn't been at least a year they would not be able to upgrade early? Did you have to talk to a supervisor? Sorry to be nosey just really want to get them to upgrade my wife's phone too without paying full price.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So happy to read this positive story!!

I brought my fianc?e from iPhone to Windows Phone with the 900, she's been sad ever since she started reading the leaks about WP8 features, then she saw the 8X and was like "I WANT IT!!", then I bought the 920 for me, she has not been able to upgrade yet; but after she saw my 920, an upgrade is imminent! I'm trying to hold her until Christmas because I would love to buy it for her (I hope she doesn't read the 920 section in WPCentral's forum until then, hehe!!).

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
How did you get At&t to let you upgrade early. I also bought the 900 when it came out in April, they said because it hadn't been at least a year they would not be able to upgrade early? Did you have to talk to a supervisor? Sorry to be nosey just really want to get them to upgrade my wife's phone too without paying full price.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

It's all about patience, and more patience. I used the "online chat with a representative" method. When one said no, I would thank them, and reconnect and talk to someone else. If your persistent enough, you might eventually get someone who is willing to help you out. I was able to get the deal on the second agent I chatted with. Started at $249 for 2 years, and I was able to get it down to $99 for 2. Again, it all depends on WHO YOU GET, and persistence. If you want it bad enough, you might get lucky.

ispyc6

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Finally after 3 online chats and 2 phone calls, got them to upgrade my second line early!!( 15 months early) and wave the 36.00 activation fee on both lines. At&t not so bad IF you talk to the right person.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I just bought one today (Sunday 12/02/12 at at&t corporate store. Didn't think about asking for a wireless charger. Should I be getting one too, or was that a limited time deal???

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
if u guys are happy make sure u tell your friends and family about this wonderful phone (lumia 920)

When I get my phone I'll definitely be showing it off and letting people know how great it is. I'm sure my brother will be jealous, which is just what I want. He's telling me I'm going to regret switching to Windows Phone and Nokia haha. At least he's not an Apple ******, though.

jdom

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
When I get my phone I'll definitely be showing it off and letting people know how great it is. I'm sure my brother will be jealous, which is just what I want. He's telling me I'm going to regret switching to Windows Phone and Nokia haha. At least he's not an Apple ******, though.
he will drool all over the phone so don't let him get to close :smile:

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
There are 3 Lumia 920's users in my family and we are really enjoying it's features. We have been sharing contacts via NFC and started a family room. We are trying to get some of our friends on WP8 as well. I also just got my wireless charging plate and it works great!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it early, ispyc6. Congrats!

Now, Nokia just needs to release their OEM CC-1043 silicone cases and ill be so happy!

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sigh....of my 3 brothers, only 1 uses a smartphone. The other 2 are just happy as flies on sh*t with feature phones. However, on Thanksgiving one of my nieces saw my phone and was like "what is that" and she took interest in to it. Sadly, she is deep in debt with student loans and won't be upgrading anytime soon. My parents are in their late 70's and really don't wanna go down that road with them. Plus with fixed income, it's hard to sell them on data plans and all. But, a lot of people at work liked what they saw. I'll find out tomorrow if I converted one of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers