Losing data connectivity when traveling

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea you might want to exchange it. What was your old phone. I wish I still had an old candy bar Nokia to test this against those things were awesome too LOL

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tested this again this weekend as well, and it happened to me again both ways. I did however noticed specifically a stretch of road where it happened and it did seem to be tied to a low signal or no-signal area as I drove through multiple of those areas later in the trip and it worked just fine. I do have roam set to "don't roam" so I'm wondering as well if this could be problem with the network not picking up the phone again after going into roam?

jadwyer82

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my HTC 8X. First, my original device would randomly power cycle throughtout the day (minor annoyance really, but why live with it). Searched forums, saw that was a known issue, Verizon sent me a replacement device within 24 hours. Now that it is not power cycling randomly, I noticed the cellular connection dropping out. I installed the "Hardware Tests" application and when I notice that I can't open apps such as ESPN or IE, look at the Test App and see that Network is available with signal, but Network Connection = off. A power cycle solves the problem and the device I suppose gets "refreshed" by teh network and back to normal. Tech support from Verizon said "you should power cycle your phone every day". This does not sound like a legitimate fix.

WHY IS THE CONNECTION DROPPING OUT? Why does the device suddenly "forget" the network protocol and only "remember" it when power cycled? HTC and/or Verizon need to do somehting to fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo