Voicemail Indicator - Rogers

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This can't be possible, but is there no way to show that you have a voicemail (i.e. the little "0_0" tape icon, that would appear on the phone tile). It appears I simply cannot get that notification to appear.

I only receive a text msg saying I have a VM and a transcription of it. Once I read the text, my phone no longer tells me in any way that I have a VM, and when I call my VM it has already been saved as an old message.

I tried calling rogers, to no avail. Can someone please confirm that they have this on their 920? If so, how did you get it to work?

Seems like a basic function and clearly its supported by WP8, I just have no idea how to get it.

Thanks!

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem with my Rogers 920 - can't figure out if anyone has left me a voicemail unless I dial in to my voicemail.

Any help?

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same problem with my Rogers 920 - can't figure out if anyone has left me a voicemail unless I dial in to my voicemail.

Any help?

I had the same problem with my AT&T Lumia today. After I power cycled the phone everything started working as it should.

Have you tried that?

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my AT&T Lumia today. After I power cycled the phone everything started working as it should.

Have you tried that?

Yes, I tried that to no avail.

I did find some more information though. Rogers/Fido does not have a visual voicemail service app for WinPhone 8. If you had the Visual Voicemail service on your previous phone (like I did on my Android), you need to deactivate the service (through the Android app or call customer service) so you can get the notifications.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet and subscribed to the YouMail service to replace my Voice Messaging from Fido. Coupled with the MagikMail app, it works quite well on WP8.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet and subscribed to the YouMail service to replace my Voice Messaging from Fido. Coupled with the MagikMail app, it works quite well on WP8.

So do you have to unsubscribe yourself from Fido's voicemail service completely or does YouMail work on top of your existing voicemail?

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is part of the Windows Phone 8 Visual Voicemail capabilities... But unfortunately is not supported by Rogers yet. The only VVM they have for WP8 is sending a transcription/recording through MMS. We need to pester Rogers to support the phone's capabilities.

Especially if they want to charge us $10 a month for VVM.

deckem

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The voicemail indicator on my Lumia 920 doesn't go away. It perpetually stays on my tile and on my lock screen, even though I have no voicemail saved or unread. I have called Rogers and reset my voicemail, left messages for myself and then deleted them, and done an full phone reset. But each time after the phone boots the voicemail icon appears on the tile after a few seconds. Rogers doesn't know what else to do at this point.

The voicemail to text works well, though. I made sure to delete the text before deleted the VM. Still no go.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So do you have to unsubscribe yourself from Fido's voicemail service completely or does YouMail work on top of your existing voicemail?

You need to unsubscribe from Fidos voicemail in order to get conditional call forwarding working - CCF is required for YouMail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos