Some issues

Z82

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a few issues with my Lumia 920 Im hoping can be rectified by either a 3rd party app or a hidden setting (preferably the latter).

1. How do I get the clock to show when phone is locked, I dont mean on the intermediate lock screen I mean on actual lock screen like my N* used to do?

2. How the **** do I CLOSE apps? I read somewhere that you use back button but surely this vcan not be the case for example if im browsing net for an hour I may have visited about 50 pages or more, surely microsoft arent expecting me to hit back button 50+ times just to exit it?

3.Text delivery reports do not show contact, just the raw phone number, how do i change this? Also the delivery report is sent as an actual text to me instead of an actual report.

4. Info bar ( the bit with signal, Bluetooth, Battery etc) disapears after a few seconds, is there a way to keep this displayed?

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a few issues with my Lumia 920 Im hoping can be rectified by either a 3rd party app or a hidden setting (preferably the latter).

1. How do I get the clock to show when phone is locked, I dont mean on the intermediate lock screen I mean on actual lock screen like my N* used to do?

You can't.

2. How the **** do I CLOSE apps? I read somewhere that you use back button but surely this vcan not be the case for example if im browsing net for an hour I may have visited about 50 pages or more, surely microsoft arent expecting me to hit back button 50+ times just to exit it?

yes, just click back. doesn't matter how many pages you opened. click back until you hit the home screen and the app is closed.

3.Text delivery reports do not show contact, just the raw phone number, how do i change this? Also the delivery report is sent as an actual text to me instead of an actual report.
Not sure. I've never tried this feature.

4. Info bar ( the bit with signal, Bluetooth, Battery etc) disapears after a few seconds, is there a way to keep this displayed?
Can't. as far as I am aware, this is by design and there is no way to prevent it.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Clicking "Back" is indeed the way to close apps. Using IE as an example, that actually utilizes the "Back" button for the program itself and not the "Task Manger", but if you leave IE (by hitting the Start button) then hold down the Back button to bring up the running apps, you can select the IE window. Doing this puts IE in a "Fresh" state as far as the Back button is concerned. Just hit Back again and IE will be closed.

I've found a few other apps that have similar functions, like the Epic Fail app by StuckPixel. If you're viewing pictures on it clicking Back simply backs you up by one picture. Luckily there if you go back to the Thumbnails and click Back it will close the app.

Neither may be the most elegant of solutions, but they are functional.

Z82

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for quick replies guys. TBH I expected better from a Microsoft/Nokia colaboration like this, could be a cracking phone but missing my N8 after only 4 days :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234