I'm starting to remember why I left microsoft and went with apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I hate to say it but OP is right. My first phone became unresponsive too 5 times and nothing worked. Took me 20 minutes fiddling with power and soft reset buttons to bring it back to life so please don't assume user error here.

I am not defending OP nor do I agree with him but I experienced the same thing. My replacement L920 on the other hand is flawless :)

knock on wood buddy. my 2nd 920 was flawless until last night.

you were lucky. your phone eventually responded to the reset. mine didn't work. me and the att rep was on the phone for a good 20 mins performing the reset procedure and nothing.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
knock on wood buddy. my 2nd 920 was flawless until last night.

you were lucky. your phone eventually responded to the reset. mine didn't work. me and the att rep was on the phone for a good 20 mins performing the reset procedure and nothing.

Nah it responded first 4 times, 5th time it died completely like yours did.

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My 920 has frozen on me twice since I got it on 11/17. I was quite upset. I actually didn't know how to force a restart. I just held down some buttons, and they were the correct ones.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a 920, I use an 820. But I had an 8X prior, and a 920 prior to that. The 8X was just too flimsy feeling for me, and the 920 did have a couple of problems: it overheated like dammit and for some reason, it sometimes wouldn't connect to anything until I restarted the phone even though it showed 4 bars of signal.

What I don't understand is... why are you posting about it here and not pestering the ever-loving ***** out of your retailer to get you a device that works? (And this is really a question for everyone with an obviously faulty device, not specifically you, OP.)

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I don't use a 920, I use an 820. But I had an 8X prior, and a 920 prior to that. The 8X was just too flimsy feeling for me, and the 920 did have a couple of problems: it overheated like dammit and for some reason, it sometimes wouldn't connect to anything until I restarted the phone even though it showed 4 bars of signal.

What I don't understand is... why are you posting about it here and not pestering the ever-loving ***** out of your retailer to get you a device that works? (And this is really a question for everyone with an obviously faulty device, not specifically you, OP.)

i was in rant mode.

i've woooo saaaaaa'ed and gained composure.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
*sigh* I'm sorry your phone isn't up to your expectations. This is the first iteration of a new phone. We can't tell you anything other than that. Why do you think Apple is on the iPhone 5 and it is still more or less the same? They would have issues too. In fact, the iPhone 5 from what I've heard is quite the mess too. Meander over to the apple forums and see for yourself. I'm sorry your phone is not working, I would not be happy either but these people are attempting to be helpful. If you're going to be this way, step out and come back in when you're clear headed and not seeing red.

isn't everybody's expectation the same? shouldn't every phone have the ability to reboot/reset WHEN something goes wrong? if you don't, you obviously have no issue with a bricked phone. i do.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
isn't everybody's expectation the same? shouldn't every phone have the ability to reboot/reset WHEN something goes wrong? if you don't, you obviously have no issue with a bricked phone. i do.

I told you I sympathized with your situation. Once again, I would be angry too. The solution is simple though. Either email ATT or better yet Nokia. No use *****ing. It won't do you any good and prevents you getting the ball rolling with a replacement if you so want one. Once again, so you don't overlook it, I am sorry and I sympathize with you.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I told you I sympathized with your situation. Once again, I would be angry too. The solution is simple though. Either email ATT or better yet Nokia. No use *****ing. It won't do you any good and prevents you getting the ball rolling with a replacement if you so want one. Once again, so you don't overlook it, I am sorry and I sympathize with you.

i understand. i'm going to keep this one a little longer to see if it happens again. it doesn't seem to have some of the issues other 920s are having like the creeking/popping shell or dust/dusts under the camera.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i understand. i'm going to keep this one a little longer to see if it happens again. it doesn't seem to have some of the issues other 920s are having like the creeking/popping shell or dust/dusts under the camera.

All iPhone releases have had lock ups, poor sound quality, bad call quality, OS glitches, build quality issues, etc. as well as major issues. The infamous antennae issue on the iPhone phone (at least no at MS has told me I'm holding my phone wrong), and the iPhone 5 is having many reports of lock ups and poor speaker quality. Also, go search on iPhone 5 scuffing. Again, Apple admits to and just tells you its normal and to quit complaining. So not sure which universe you live in that has perfect Apple products, but it isn't this one.

Decide which phone OS you like the best and just go with it; all will have some problems.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My 2nd 920 (white) froze temporarily (not requiring a reboot) a couple of times during the first day of use but it hasn't happened since.

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
ok, maybe i wasn't being very clear.

i called att and they had me do the reset and it didn't respond to ANYTHING.

which part do you people not understand??

What is your expectation by posting this in this forum?

Is it Sympathy or a place to vent your frustations?

People are trying to be kind and helpful and offer you solutions.

They are NOT obliged to serve you like AT&T reps. They are not profiting from this where you can demand service.

If you had already tried these solutions and it is still not working, just return the damn phone and either take a replacement lumia 920 or try another brand or jump ship to another OS

Just saying....

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I think one big generalization that has come to surface over the years is that the internet is somewhat of a public journal/diary. People vent online all the time. Maybe for someone to agree or to counter a claim and debate it. It's just what it is. I know the OP doesn't expect use mere forum goers to totally fix his issue, but forums are made for that mostly..debate.

fo?rum

[fawr-uh m, fohr-uh m] Show IPA

noun, plural fo?rums, fo?ra [fawr-uh, fohr-uh] Show IPA .1.the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, thecenter of judicial and business affairs and a place of assemblyfor the people.

2.a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

3.an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

4.the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

So don't knock the dude for voicing his frustrations on here. Don't expect to solve his issue, but rather foster some healthy debate on the subject so we all can pass the day quicker lol.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i understand the debate thing about forums and ppl feel the need to vent on forums. but in reality it's counter productive. in the end it still doesnt solve their problem. and if you wanted to "foster a healthy debate" then you have to "lay healthy seeds". when you say things like "didn't take much long because battery life sucked ass!!!!" or "both nokia and microsoft has been in the mobile phone business for how long now??? even the very first iphone never had issues like this and they were new to the game." or "seriously, wtf nokia/microsoft?? get your **** together." these do not spark a healthy debate. it seems more like you are mad so you wanted to come on a forum to rant and bash nokia and MS. therefore you get the responses that you have gotten in this thread. i too understand that the guy is mad but consider what you say while you are mad (cause) brings certain responses from ppl (effect).

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
i understand the debate thing about forums and ppl feel the need to vent on forums. but in reality it's counter productive. in the end it still doesnt solve their problem. and if you wanted to "foster a healthy debate" then you have to "lay healthy seeds". when you say things like "didn't take much long because battery life sucked ass!!!!" or "both nokia and microsoft has been in the mobile phone business for how long now??? even the very first iphone never had issues like this and they were new to the game." or "seriously, wtf nokia/microsoft?? get your **** together." these do not spark a healthy debate. it seems more like you are mad so you wanted to come on a forum to rant and bash nokia and MS. therefore you get the responses that you have gotten in this thread. i too understand that the guy is mad but consider what you say while you are mad (cause) brings certain responses from ppl (effect).

And so what if they wanted to rant. If a product was perfect and all mighty like some people seem to make Nokia out to be, then there wouldn't be anything to rant on then would there? Nothing on these forums can be claimed as "productive" because it's on these forums. Like someone else said, go to Nokia and Microsoft if you want to be "productive" ya know. These forums are a place where people can be heard. Then if you want to say the forums are productive in the sense that a Nokia agent or a Microsoft agent could be looking at the forums, well then there is a complaint being heard and they can report back and say "This little twit is mad because his battery life sucks...the nerve of him to be mad that he had only two 920s and his battery life sucks!" Yes Nokia is not the only one to have release time gaffs, but if they expect to convert more folks from Apple and Android, the less gaffs the better. People are already sold on those other two platforms. Microsoft by way of Nokia hardware still has some proving to do. Nokia WAS king, but those are the days of old. You have to rebuild and re-emerge and make a strong quality controlled showing.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I was speaking to a store manager from ATT last night and she was told from her Nokia Rep that all of the new Lumia phones have software issues and that Nokia is working on an update to fix the issues.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
All iPhone releases have had lock ups, poor sound quality, bad call quality, OS glitches, build quality issues, etc. as well as major issues. The infamous antennae issue on the iPhone phone (at least no at MS has told me I'm holding my phone wrong), and the iPhone 5 is having many reports of lock ups and poor speaker quality. Also, go search on iPhone 5 scuffing. Again, Apple admits to and just tells you its normal and to quit complaining. So not sure which universe you live in that has perfect Apple products, but it isn't this one.

Decide which phone OS you like the best and just go with it; all will have some problems.

what makes you think iphone is god's gift to earth? i never said anything about the iphone being perfect. what i said was when it does freeze, i was able to reboot the damn thing. with the 920, it bricks itself. soft reset/ hard reset, call it whatever you want, it didn't work.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
What is your expectation by posting this in this forum?

Is it Sympathy or a place to vent your frustations?

People are trying to be kind and helpful and offer you solutions.

They are NOT obliged to serve you like AT&T reps. They are not profiting from this where you can demand service.

If you had already tried these solutions and it is still not working, just return the damn phone and either take a replacement lumia 920 or try another brand or jump ship to another OS

Just saying....

what's your expectation? nothing is the short answer.

unlike some of you, and i'm not pointing any fingers. i'm not a ****** of any brand. i appreciate things for what they are. i'm not a iphone ****** and i'm not a nokia ******. i will talk **** about you or it if the problem exist.

i admit, i was in rant mode. partly due to the fact that i've never had a phone that bricked itself (mind you, this is my 2nd 920). i was always able to reboot the system. iphone was just an example i used since it was my previous phone. but did i say the iphone is high and mighty? no, some of you nokia fanbois just assumed or wanted to read it that way.

where did i mention, "you guys better help me and help me now!!!!"

you're obviously just another ****** who cant see beyond what just in front of you.

just saying.....................

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I think one big generalization that has come to surface over the years is that the internet is somewhat of a public journal/diary. People vent online all the time. Maybe for someone to agree or to counter a claim and debate it. It's just what it is. I know the OP doesn't expect use mere forum goers to totally fix his issue, but forums are made for that mostly..debate.

fo?rum

[fawr-uh m, fohr-uh m] Show IPA

noun, plural fo?rums, fo?ra [fawr-uh, fohr-uh] Show IPA .1.the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, thecenter of judicial and business affairs and a place of assemblyfor the people.

2.a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

3.an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

4.the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

So don't knock the dude for voicing his frustrations on here. Don't expect to solve his issue, but rather foster some healthy debate on the subject so we all can pass the day quicker lol.

jebus, finally... somebody who understands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss