Dissapointed with my Rogers 920

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
WP_20121129_004.jpgWP_20121129_006.jpgWP_20121129_005.jpg

Hey guys

I can't believe this happened. I literally dropped my Nokia 920 on its back didn't even touch the screen and the screen shattered.

Nokia is up to the test are they truly about the consumer? Nokia is own for awesome industrial build I'm sure you guy seen the Youtube videos but just dropping it on its back shattering my screen I don't know about that.

I called customer care no help just the run around. I paid 599$ full price for this I really enjoyed the experience. I am going to e-mail Nokia soon hopefully I hear back but if I don't I might have to ditch the Windows ecosystem all together.

Just wanted to share my disappointment with my L920 and as you guys know from the past I been supporting Windows Phone, Windows 8 and Surface I believe their good products but I was at an all time high when it comes to experience now I am at an all time low.

BTW shots were taken with my loaner 8X.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to others.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
sucks bro. i feel your pain. i it happened to me on my 3gs back in the day. my ex dropped it on my first day of ownership and the screen basically exploded.

it happens. the screen is suppose to be pretty strong but who knows, maybe it landed at a perfect angle for destruction.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah.. I emailed Elop reviewing my Windows, Windows Phone journey. Hopefully I hear something back soon. I have an HTC 8X right now but it just doesn't cut it.

If worse comes to worse I'm going to leave Windows all together and go with Apple.

I would love to say I love my Surface RT but in the Windows world its always a waiting game. I would really love to get that Surface phone but I cant wait until whenever to buy it.

Apple is a now solution its known as a good product, reliable and easy customer support with Apple stores just right around the corner.

Its a very tough decision hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That sucks big time! Sometimes it doesn't take much of an impact to get the glass to crack - just needs to land in a specific position, I guess.

Hopefully, Nokia comes through for you. Having said that, what are you disappointed in? That the 920 broke? Or Rogers customer service?

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Kind of both you know Nokia apparently sets the bar for industrial design and build and how their phones are indestructible.

I'm putting this to Nokia Care's hands if they do something about it means that they actually care about the products and the consumer. It's a good test I'm rocking the HTC 8x for now.. Its not bad but its not a Nokia I miss taking low light shots already.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
yeah just be careful with it. I personally think mine was flaky when I started seeing scratches on the screen. I didn't drop my L920 once and meh.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Let me make sure I understand.

You dropped your phone and the screen broke, so you want to "ditch the Windows ecosystem altogether."?

Do I have that right?

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Kind of both you know Nokia apparently sets the bar for industrial design and build and how their phones are indestructible.

I'm putting this to Nokia Care's hands if they do something about it means that they actually care about the products and the consumer. It's a good test I'm rocking the HTC 8x for now.. Its not bad but its not a Nokia I miss taking low light shots already.
does the manual says it is "drop proofed"
You dropped the phone, it is your fault, what do you expect from the manufacturer?
If you crashed a Volvo, would you ask Volvo to replace your car?!

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I really don't understand this post. You broke your phone. You are to blame here. Accidents happen. But why should Nokia do anything for you?

Jeebs1234

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You dropped your phone, you broke it, and you're outraged that they're not rushing to you with a replacement?

People need to stop being so entitled.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
What happened to built Nokia tough? Nokia proud itself on industrial build they even market it showcasing their build quality and industrial design. They ran an add showcasing a teddy bear breaking a good damn iPhone well a drop shouldn't scatter a Nokia Lumia 920 since its supposed to be built like a tank.

I am confident its the unit 1 drop doesn't break a phone especially if it doesn't land on the glass itself. I dropped my L800 and L900 several times no dents and what about Gorilla Glass 2?

But here's the good news I got a response from Stephen Elop so lets see how Nokia customer care goes.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I expected Nokia to live up to its word by providing a great industrially built phone a phone that a teddy bear can't break. That's why I poured 600$ into a L920

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
while I don't necessarily agree that anyone else should be at fault, I am interested in seeing what Mr. Elop has to say. It doesn't hurt to ask but to say the whole phone/OS is bad because they might not replace your accident... well.

I've dropped mine several times already but nothing major, one corner I can see a bit of a smudge. Dropped on wood floors so far. Infact I dropped the phone right out of the box onto the table top when I first opened it :angel:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What happened to built Nokia tough? Nokia proud itself on industrial build they even market it showcasing their build quality and industrial design. They ran an add showcasing a teddy bear breaking a good damn iPhone well a drop shouldn't scatter a Nokia Lumia 920 since its supposed to be built like a tank.

I am confident its the unit 1 drop doesn't break a phone especially if it doesn't land on the glass itself. I dropped my L800 and L900 several times no dents and what about Gorilla Glass 2?

But here's the good news I got a response from Stephen Elop so lets see how Nokia customer care goes.

It's still there and you can see videos of the very same durable tough design. It doesn't mean that it's unbreakable though. You didn't drop your L800 or L900 in the same way, your L920 probably landed on the phones weak spot.

As for Gorilla Glass 2, I'm getting the feeling it's worse than the original Gorilla Glass, or then it's some coating used that gets scratched easily.. But regardless, you just got really bad luck, that doesnt mean L920 generally speaking is not a durable design.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Lumia 920. I was pulling out the inner box from the outer cover.. little did I know I was holding the box the wrong way.. Boom, my brand new Lumia 920 straight on the floor before I even laid my hands on it.

Luckily, it's still pristine. Would've been so mad and sad and emo and whatnot had I shattered the screen before even touching it :D

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Not saying the phone OS is bad I love WP8 and I been supporting it since it came out. What I'm disappointed is in build quality and quality check. I have told several people and sold them on how durable Nokia phones are and how you don't need cases etc with all of this now I feel like one big liar, I felt that I lied to a bunch of people.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I know tons of videos online but the point is it its durable right? 1 drop shouldn't break your phone regardless I feel that its defiantly build issue.

But let me say this Elop e-mailed me back, I got in touch with customer care and now their replacing my L920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99