Love my Lumia 920 but

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I really love my Lumia 920 but to many issues from overheating to battery drain its starting to bother me.

same here, and now Nokia support is telling me my phone is out of warranty........um the phone has only been out less than a month, how is that even possible? And I got this phone directly from Nokia , its my 4th handset.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
How can you buy it directly from Nokia? They all come with 1 year warranty, have you tried a hard reset? I have seen this work
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
same here, and now Nokia support is telling me my phone is out of warranty........um the phone has only been out less than a month, how is that even possible? And I got this phone directly from Nokia , its my 4th handset.
Nokia is saying you've had all the swaps your gonna get. No warranty for you. (in my soup Nazi voice)
Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How can you buy it directly from Nokia? They all come with 1 year warranty, have you tried a hard reset? I have seen this work
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
I didn't buy it from Nokia , I wrote Mr. Elop an email stating how unpleasant my luck had been with 2 att exchanges already and they were out of stock. Nokia sent me a new phone and I sent them my old one.

Now they are saying I have no warranty :(

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is saying you've had all the swaps your gonna get. No warranty for you. (in my soup Nazi voice)
Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

lol then they should make a phone that isn't defective, I didn't ask them to replace this one I have, they offered and then said no US warranty.........

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
From overheating to battery drain or just overheating and battery drain? Likely these two are connected and there is nothing wrong with your device that an exchange will fix. Have you turned off tap-to-share? It's likely just one app you have that's causing the issue. I understand that this is an unacceptable situation, but you can either try to find the cause or keep trying to send it back. I know I haven't had any battery issues, but the phone does seem to get hot when I am running certain apps, mostly music .... I think they will deliver a fix.

Bottom line, I don't think a return will help your issues.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't really get battery drain when I don't use the phone, but when I start to actually use it and drains fast. Basically, I have to baby the phone and use it sparingly or while charging to enjoy it.
Today for instance, did a few quick internet searches, some rounds of Words by Post, some reading of the forums. All while background tasks off, location off. NFC disabled. By 3 pm, I'm down to 50%.
Charged it to 100% a bit ago, 11 hours left per Status.
Not as bad as some but compared to others, its pretty bad.
I don't like the idea of having to baby my phone and keep a charger handy at all times.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This is my experience exactly. When the screen is on the battery goes quickly. When its off it will last for days.

Yep. And what really bugs me about that, sometimes I dont need the screen backlight on really at all. At night ill use the phone in the dark or near dark. Yet the Brightness setting of Low is NOT Low. I dont know if its a Nokia thing or an OS thing. With my Trophy, I could put it on low and it was really low.

I also find playing a game like Angry Birds, really hurts the battery for me. Another keeping your screen on thing im sure but a bit worse. The biggest killer ive seen is using Smart Glass to surf the IE on my Xbox. Ive never seen the battery drain so fast and the phone get as hot. Great feature and I loved it, but I realize I cant really enjoy using it. Even with the phone plugged in, it drains or barely charges while using Smart Glass that way. And charging while doing other things on the phone, the phone charges very slow.

Charging is slow in general, but if you are doing anything of significance while charging, its even worse.

I really like this phone, but the battery suckness really dampens the experience for me. Stuck with it now as I am past 14 days, I just wish it was something that could be rectified.

Perhaps, a month or so down the line, I can drop it and break the screen and use my insurance to get another one (hopefully) that might work better.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't really get battery drain when I don't use the phone, but when I start to actually use it and drains fast. Basically, I have to baby the phone and use it sparingly or while charging to enjoy it.
Today for instance, did a few quick internet searches, some rounds of Words by Post, some reading of the forums. All while background tasks off, location off. NFC disabled. By 3 pm, I'm down to 50%.
I don't like the idea of having to baby my phone and keep a charger handy at all times.

Same here , no matter what is on or off in the settings or background. Oh and I forgot a number in the IMEI when I sent it to Nokia, hence why they said I had no warranty LOL im an idiot.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue with mine. Any use where the screen is on kills the battery. If it is on standby it hardly drains, but surfing on LTE (even just reading these forums mostly) and listening to music on my commute burns 20-25% battery in 45-60 mins. When I emailed Elop about my battery issues, he said that LTE and having the screen on are a drain.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I had one day with 6 hr battery life. Turned off Suggestions in Settings->Store and turned off NFC (tap+send), and I get around 30 hrs now.

Do you use the phone much? I could get 30 hours too, maybe, if I treated it like the first cell phone I had and just used it for phone calls.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep. And what really bugs me about that, sometimes I dont need the screen backlight on really at all. At night ill use the phone in the dark or near dark. Yet the Brightness setting of Low is NOT Low. I dont know if its a Nokia thing or an OS thing. With my Trophy, I could put it on low and it was really low.

I would like to see a brightness slider rather than just 3 options

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Im 100% in agreement there.

I told this to Clove in the UK, and they said I should return the device and they would either mark it DOA and ship me a new one or repair it for me.

Im unsure of wether I should send it back for potentially 3 weeks on something that may not be fixable, it could be a problem with the OS itself I guess?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad