Weirdest darn thing

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 for more than two weeks now and I did see some of the battery drain issues initially. I did all of the recommended things and then I was getting almost 4 days of use before I had to charge. Awesome!

I usually have the phone in my front pocket or side pocket. The other day I charged the phone 1st thing in the morning and when I got home it was still in the mid 90% of charge left. I put the phone on the kitchen table for two hours or so and when I picked it up it was less than 10% charge left??? I figured I had something running in the back ground and didn't think anything of it. The next day I did the exact same thing and it happened again. This time I knew I had nothing running in the background. The past two days I've had the phone in my pocket all of the time and its back to over 3 days per charge again.

What the heck?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you have some apps running in the background. If you have Nokia drive, that thing can suck the battery.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is super strange, maybe it has to do with body heat? since kitchen counters are usually cooler than room temp, right?

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Makes one wonder if the battery indicator level is somehow out if wack
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Makes one wonder if the battery indicator level is somehow out if wack
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I consistently get a higher battery percentage (sometimes a difference of ten percent) when I reboot. I would say there are definitely issues with calibration.

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This is super strange, maybe it has to do with body heat? since kitchen counters are usually cooler than room temp, right?

I'm an electrical engineer at a particle physics lab and I'm used to weird, but man this is WEIRD. I can usually step back, think a bit, and work things out but this has me stumped.

Like others have said, I do think this must be a calibration issue and I hope it gets fixed with an update soon.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm an electrical engineer at a particle physics lab and I'm used to weird, but man this is WEIRD. I can usually step back, think a bit, and work things out but this has me stumped.

Like others have said, I do think this must be a calibration issue and I hope it gets fixed with an update soon.

I really hope its software, because my battery only lasts like 10 hours with no weirdness(just normal drain). I just uninstalled Facebook and some options from MetroTube to see if it helps. Next on the list is Skype.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

No, generally they are the same exact temperature. They just "feel" cold because of the heat capacity of the material. Some things are better conductors, some are better insulators.
A kitchen counter and a napkin resting on the kitchen counter are the same temperature. Put a hand on each and you will "feel" that the counter is colder, but that just means that it transfers heat from your hand to the counter quicker than heat transfers from your hand to the napkin.

/science.

:)

loco4burritos

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
try the Skype. i had battery drain issues initially too. i then deleted words with friends and it made a little difference. after another day, i deleted Skype and it made a world of a difference! i easily get two days between charges now with pretty good moderate use.

I really hope its software, because my battery only lasts like 10 hours with no weirdness(just normal drain). I just uninstalled Facebook and some options from MetroTube to see if it helps. Next on the list is Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss