SOLUTION: How to update "extras+info" or any other app

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
windowsphone.com if you've had a previous update it'll be in your purchase history.

For those that have been unable to receive the recent Nokia updates and wish to manually do so.

Basically go to the above site on your phone, log in to your Microsoft account and go to "Purchase History". From there you can see all the apps you've purchased/installed. For the applications that say "App not available on the Web...", you can just click on the name of the app, it will open up the marketplace where you will find it and manually update. In my case, I found "network+" and "extras+info" from Nokia have not been updated (because they were undiscoverable on the marketplace and my tile was not updating for them ever).

NOTE: after updating "extras+info" and "network+" RESTART your phone, you will notice that in the settings menu the application's name becomes a physical path (e.g. C:\APP\blah blah) prior to restarting.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
just tried this can vouch for it, i went to it on my pc and used "send to wp7" to send the link to myself and it opens in the store :) thanks

Rayiin1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am also not getting these updates. I can see some of the Nokia updates if i go to specific apps but im not notified of them and i don't see the settings updates. And they don't show up in my "purchased history"

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue here is that there is no option to check for updates. Updates clearly don't push as well or as frequently as they do on IOS or android.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am also not getting these updates. I can see some of the Nokia updates if i go to specific apps but im not notified of them and i don't see the settings updates. And they don't show up in my "purchased history"

You may be able to solve that by backing up your apps/phone then checking the purchased history shortly after.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't left my home for a few days so I was on Wifi and never got the updates. As soon as I stepped out of my home and turned Wifi on, I got all the updates. So maybe some people should try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12