Lumia 920 bricked after wireless charging

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna hold out since the phone is not totally dead. Im troubleshooting with Nokia to see if we can pinpoint an issue.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For those having issues with the wireless charging plates and your phone locking up can you try this setup.

No Background Apps Running (Tap back arrow until home screen is all it switches to)
Have Bluetooth Turned Off
NFC Off

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Your experience sounds a lot like mine, so thanks for all your posts. My first phone started locking up repeatedly on the wireless charger, but then these lock-ups started happening at other times unfortunately. So this one went back. My second phone has been much more stable, but I have had two lock ups when I have left it on the wireless charger. So I am now very rarely using the wireless charger.

My Bluetooth and NFC has been switched off on both phones, so the only bit of your last post relevant to my experience would be making sure the apps were all shut down. I probably would not have done this before because I only just worked out how to do it :confused:. I'll use my wireless charger again with them all switched off and see how I get on.

goldfinch711

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So I guess it's a software bug. My phone locked up during the last night again on the wireless charger. I have no lock ups elsewhere. Hope Nokia will fix this asap. :)

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I charged last night with those settings as recommended by Nokia and my phone fully charged to 100% and has not locked up. I brought my wireless charger with me to work to test some more. I'm going to turn my Bluetooth back on the next charge up and see if we can pinpoint what the issue is.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It could be all 3 of course, but I have always had NFC and Bluetooth switched off, so it could only be the background apps on my phone. I will definitely try this tonight and see if I get a clear night.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Testing mine again now with Bluetooth on and several apps running in the background (IE, Store, Chrync, Facebook)

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Confirmed..turned off both and closed all apps and..first night on wireless charger without freezing!

Also, my Bluetooth was already off and it was freezing, so its either NFC or apps. I'd be willing to wager its the apps!

xcen

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have everything on except Bluetooth and Cellular Data. Been using the wireless charging stand (without programming the NFC capability) for 4 days/nights without problems. Working like a charm.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been wirelessly charging without issue for nearly a month (got my phone on release day, already had a Qi charger) - weird.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had my first freeze free night on the wireless charger. I put mine in flight mode to be absolutely certain no apps would get notifications or anything.

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
*sigh* Entirely disheartened to read this thread. If, after receiving my wireless charger, my phone freezes up even once, that'll be the final straw. I love this phone, but I won't tolerate a device that won't hold a charge and freezes upon wireless charging. Might be back to the iPhone for this guy.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Kooosh. Sadly it's a new OS and New hardware that i feel was rushed out even though it felt like forever when they first announced the 920.. Things will get better with time and updates. I'm willing to stick it out. Nokia is really great with their warranty so if A problem does come up I would trust them to listen to us more than any other phone company out there.

And with that. I tested again last night. Bluetooth on and a few apps running in the background. Charged up 100% and has been fine since. I'm certain now it just has to be some apps that's causing the issues. Maybe the perfect storm kind of scenario... It's one app or a combination of apps that's making the phone lock up.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine locked up last night sometime during its charge. Used normally. BT on and an app or two in the background. I sent a note back to Nokia

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
A $50 wireless charger should work out of the box with full phone functionality, just as using the wired charger. 'Hopefully fixed' is very disconcerting.

fieldzz

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, I put my 920 on the charger at around 10 every night and the phone is still on till about 3am and between 3am-6am every morning is when it dies. It has to be software related, I switched from my iPhone 5 to the lumia, I love the phone and hope this gets resolved asap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs