Lumia 920 bricked after wireless charging

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had the EXACT same thing happen last night. Let phone sit on my new wireless charger and it shut off and would not respond at all.. Held volume down+power for about 15 seconds and it came back.

This happens to me probably 75% of the time that I leave my phone on the wireless charger overnight. I haven't noticed it when I put the phone on the charger for just a short time. I haven't noticed the heat, but that could be because it's heating up overnight. There is so much I love about this phone, but I am really surprised at the number of serious bugs (e.g. Bluetooth in my car) compared to my LG Quantum running WP7 when it very first came out. I would have expected fewer issues from WP8. :-(

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
To Update: @NokiaCareUS wanted me to email them regarding my issues including my phone information.

I have sent that email pointing them back to the thread here and also outlined my two other issues (Although smaller) About the FFC Dust and the Top Glass issue. Just waiting for a response now.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine thankfully wasn't locked up this morning (post update), but the reports that others are still seeing it is disappointing. Hopefully all stays happy for me.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a lock-up again last night, despite doing exactly what I have done when I have not had any lock-ups. Being in the UK, I have not had the updated firmware, but obviously that does not seem to have fixed the problem anyway.

CyCl0n3

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To Update: @NokiaCareUS wanted me to email them regarding my issues including my phone information.

I have sent that email pointing them back to the thread here and also outlined my two other issues (Although smaller) About the FFC Dust and the Top Glass issue. Just waiting for a response now.

If you tell us where you mailed them i will inlcude my details too and send it to them.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
^^
I'm not sure if the email supplied was a personal box or a support email box. I would recommend contacting them via twitter (@NokiaCareUS) and speaking with them their fist. I have pointed them to this thread but would hate to flood someone's box with emails. I will update frequently though from what I hear.

So far I am still waiting on a reply.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Update:

Just heard back from Nokia. They are going to send me a New 920 and Charging plate and I will send them mine back once the new one arrives. I urge anyone still having this issue to contact Nokia Care on Twitter or Facebook (@NokiaCareUS) and let them know that even after the update the problems are still happening!

I will keep everyone updated once the new one arrives.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Update:

Just heard back from Nokia. They are going to send me a New 920 and Charging plate and I will send them mine back once the new one arrives. I urge anyone still having this issue to contact Nokia Care on Twitter or Facebook (@NokiaCareUS) and let them know that even after the update the problems are still happening!

I will keep everyone updated once the new one arrives.
Thanks. Just sent them a tweet.

deckem

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here. It started for me after Portico. Phone freezes when wirelessly charging overnight but it has also done the same thing once when not charging.

Chris Bischel

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Post update my own lumia device is bricking on wireless charging almost daily regardless of closing apps. I will try turning off cellular next.... very sad. I will be calling Nokia support in the morning.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update.

The replacement phone and charger showed up. Got my sim swapped out and restored to the new phone. Was doing a reset on the old one to box it back up but sadly its locked up (spinning gears) goingto try and fix it so I can at least shut the phone.

Ill try the charger for the next few days and see how things go. But one thing I did notice is there is no gap at the top between the glass and trim like my old one has so im assuming this one has been fixed where it wont get dust in the FFC.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No lockup last night on the new phone and new charger. WiFi was the only thing on. I'm going to pair my BT headset and car today and keep testing.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update.

The replacement phone and charger showed up. Got my sim swapped out and restored to the new phone. Was doing a reset on the old one to box it back up but sadly its locked up (spinning gears) goingto try and fix it so I can at least shut the phone.

Ill try the charger for the next few days and see how things go. But one thing I did notice is there is no gap at the top between the glass and trim like my old one has so im assuming this one has been fixed where it wont get dust in the FFC.

does your phone get hot from wireless charging? mine gets really hot and now the case above the camera flexes a little.. im guess the heat building up inside is stressing the plastic and he will eventually stretch the plastic case

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
does your phone get hot from wireless charging? mine gets really hot and now the case above the camera flexes a little.. im guess the heat building up inside is stressing the plastic and he will eventually stretch the plastic case
With the old handset it did get warm but not hot. I've only charged one time so far since the replacement 920 came in.

ptonantryloc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
... if you want to use your wireless charger
first upgrade to Portico...

Since Portico hit our phones, my wife's Lumia 920 has died twice on the wireless charging station overnight. It never did that before. Also, since Portico, the chargers never seem to shut off and the phones get hot. Every time I look at them, the white light is glowing solid. Again, this didn't happen pre-Portico.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem pre portico , and I still had it after it , but disabling Wlan + Bluetooth while wireless charging worked for me

Again I must note that I didn't get it OTA , I installed it clean via USB ... which might have helped me too.

The problem is indeed related to software particularly the drivers I mentioned

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Any fix for this. My stepmoms phone died after wireless charge. Tried to do a soft reset and a blue screen pops up. Will a hard reset fix this? Not sure if she got the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05