ebay: AT&T Lumia 920 Unlock Code listing

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just saw this listing on ebay for AT&T Lumia 920 unlock codes. Here's the listing.

I don't have the phone myself to put in an order and see if this is legit, so I was wondering if anyone was willing to try it out and share their experience. It would be very helpful, because if these codes do work then I can buy an AT&T 920 and save quite a bit of money. The international version doesn't have T-Mobile's 3G bands either, so I won't be missing out on much... I think :p

I checked the seller's feedback, and most of the feedback is positive with a few saying the code didn't work (none of the 920 code buyers posted feedback yet). The listing says that 14 were sold and there are 485 available for purchase, with 28 days left.

Last edited:

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am traveling overseas in the next couple week so I will be purchasing the unlock in a couple days. I will post my results here.

Thanks for the link.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I cant find my international sim - If I buy the unlock code is there any way I can tell its unlocked without having another non ATT sim on hand? If so Ill buy it right now.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Considering they didn't even update the details I'm not sure if I would risk $20...

ntroducing the very best and most reliable unlocking service for any at&t Nokia Lumia 900 & 920.
Don't waste your time ordering Gevey unlocks that don't work for all models and software versions
because even if unlocked, they do not support latest software updates.
We offer the easiest and the ONLY PROPER UNLOCKING SOLUTION.
We will release at&t Nokia from servers forever, therefore, making it Factory Unlocked permanently, so now your iPhone will not belong to at&t anymore.
It will become Factory Unlocked with ability to update, upgrade and use with any network in the world forever!

All you need to do to unlock your iPhone is:

1) Go to Dial pad type *#06# , look up IMEI number.

2) Include IMEI number at the checkout

You will receive your unlock confirmation email within 24-48 hours.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well theres no real risk - if it doesn't work I can just get a refund. Just need to find my international sim or see if theres a way to check the unlock without another sim for the time being.

EDIT: contacted the seller about the unlock , got this reply:

"I only got this source from at@t yesterday and today i processed more than 10 imeis waitin for server, reply once done let u know after that u can place the order."

Ill keep you guys updated.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I cant find my international sim - If I buy the unlock code is there any way I can tell its unlocked without having another non ATT sim on hand? If so Ill buy it right now.

Try ##782# see if it asks for an unlock code. If nothing happens then I would say wait until you find your international SIM.

Yeah, the description is kind of suspicious. Also, it says no returns but you're protected by ebay's buyer protection. Not exactly sure what that means.

Edit: Sounds interesting. I wonder how he got AT&T to give him the codes.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that didnt do anything - ill try to get a hold of another sim. Soon as the seller replies back to me ill place the order also and post results.

Not worried about refund - ebay will sort that out if he wont offer it but I don't see it being an issue.

Hope it works, I now see 2-3 sellers on Ebay offering 920 unlocks for Orange and carriers in France - though those are $48 each.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope it works, I now see 2-3 sellers on Ebay offering 920 unlocks for Orange and carriers in France - though those are $48 each.

I also hope it works. Then I could save at least $100, probably more, and use that money for some Nokia Monster Purity headphones and a charging plate. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Dkbhouse

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I am going thru this company in mexico called: Unlock Por IMEI Al Instante, Activaciones y Creditos, Unlock iPhone. I know right? sounds shady..... but the guy has emailed me back 3 times. I placed an order for unlock code for $21 usd for my Lumia 920 AT&T on the 19th of November. The website says up to 10 days. It is already December 3rd....I emailed the guy this morning and he said that At&t will release the codes this week for Lumia 920. He is typing to me in broken english, but thats what i got out of it. I am not sure if he is lying or really telling the truth. But anyways I paid him using paypal so I have 45 days total to request a refund if he is really lying to me....

Just thought I'd give my story. will keep u guys updated on my situation!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that didnt do anything - ill try to get a hold of another sim. Soon as the seller replies back to me ill place the order also and post results.

Not worried about refund - ebay will sort that out if he wont offer it but I don't see it being an issue.

Any update?

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Turned out the guy was "Waiting on the codes" and can not unlock the device at this time - as expected. There is a seller on ebay that is unlocking for UK, France 920s but no US ATT unlock.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I am going thru this company in mexico called: Unlock Por IMEI Al Instante, Activaciones y Creditos, Unlock iPhone. I know right? sounds shady..... but the guy has emailed me back 3 times. I placed an order for unlock code for $21 usd for my Lumia 920 AT&T on the 19th of November. The website says up to 10 days. It is already December 3rd....I emailed the guy this morning and he said that At&t will release the codes this week for Lumia 920. He is typing to me in broken english, but thats what i got out of it. I am not sure if he is lying or really telling the truth. But anyways I paid him using paypal so I have 45 days total to request a refund if he is really lying to me....

Just thought I'd give my story. will keep u guys updated on my situation!

Let us know what happens though on that site when you go to the Lumia codes section it says : (L820 and L920 not supported)

Dkbhouse

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys. bad news getting a refund because the guy couldn't do it. The guy was certain he could do it as he emailed me that At&t was supposed to release the codes this week. LOL yea right......

SIGH* My phone is just sitting here while I use my HD7 so sad...guess have to wait until the codes come in.....

Let us know what happens though on that site when you go to the Lumia codes section it says : (L820 and L920 not supported)

Dkbhouse

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: ebay: AT&T Lumia 920 Unlock Code listing UPDATES!

UPDATEs on my journey to unlock this damn 920 AT&T!!!!!!

have paid the following to unlock it:

1. gsmunlockusa.net - So far no response whether or not they can unlock it , but paid yesterday 12/7.

2. Cellunlock.net SAYs:
" Hi Yes we've been successful unlocking it, the only issue is the delay which is out of our control.

Best Regards,
CellUnlock.net Team
Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net
Toll Free: 1(877)356-4003
Worldwide: 1(786)377-5225

Please keep all prior transmissions on the same e-mail when you reply."

Any update?

kaybal1

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading all the post and interesting to see that no one has been able to unlock their Lumia 920. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from AT&T with no commitment. So let me tell you guys my dilenma.

Ok, I want to use mine on T-mobile network. So I bought it no commitment on our company's account. After that, I called AT&T on Dec 4th that I need to unlock the phone because I'll be travelling to Europe for work on and off and I'll like to use another SIM card on my phone. Fair enough, the guy looked at the account and saw that it was no commitment, and tried to look for the code but couldn't fine it. He place me on hold and when he finally got back, he said they can unlock it but they need proof of purchase that I paid full price. He gave me a case number. I faxed the proof to them and they gave me a resolution date of 12/12/12. I called them last week and they told me they don't have the code and still waiting on the manufacturer for the code. (This will tell folks here who are been told by those unlocking sites that AT&T will release the code soon, IT'S A LIE. AT&T don't even have the codes yet)
Well, back on my story, fortunately, I got the code on email today. I went to T-mobile and got a new SIM card. I put in the sim card, turn on the phone and got the following message: "The SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code. 10 attempts remaining". "Enter PIN".

I entered the unlock code I got from AT&T and it says "incorect pin".

I've been on phone with AT&T all evening and they still can't do anything about it. They are confused. I'm confused too, because, this is not the 1st phone I'm unlocking. It's always simple. Put in the code once and BAM, it's unlocked.

Does, anyone have a clue what I'm or WE are doing wrong? :unhappysweat:

Dkbhouse

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ummm... I am in the same boat as you. exactly with wanting to use T-mobile with the lumia 920 as I am on a very old and cheap data plan for 3g. Im overseas right now, gave up with AT&T customer service and went with Cellunlock.net and waiting for code from them. I should have it no later than the 21st if they really promise up to 10 business days......

for now I am still using my HD7 tmobile while I just use my lumia 920 on the side for media and taking panoramic pictures :angry:

honestly i don't understand why its so hard to have someone hack the unlock code. i really hope cellunlock.net can REALLy do it as they emailed me saying they can.. But i don't have high hopes.......

I've been reading all the post and interesting to see that no one has been able to unlock their Lumia 920. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from AT&T with no commitment. So let me tell you guys my dilenma.

Ok, I want to use mine on T-mobile network. So I bought it no commitment on our company's account. After that, I called AT&T on Dec 4th that I need to unlock the phone because I'll be travelling to Europe for work on and off and I'll like to use another SIM card on my phone. Fair enough, the guy looked at the account and saw that it was no commitment, and tried to look for the code but couldn't fine it. He place me on hold and when he finally got back, he said they can unlock it but they need proof of purchase that I paid full price. He gave me a case number. I faxed the proof to them and they gave me a resolution date of 12/12/12. I called them last week and they told me they don't have the code and still waiting on the manufacturer for the code. (This will tell folks here who are been told by those unlocking sites that AT&T will release the code soon, IT'S A LIE. AT&T don't even have the codes yet)
Well, back on my story, fortunately, I got the code on email today. I went to T-mobile and got a new SIM card. I put in the sim card, turn on the phone and got the following message: "The SIM card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code. 10 attempts remaining". "Enter PIN".

I entered the unlock code I got from AT&T and it says "incorect pin".

I've been on phone with AT&T all evening and they still can't do anything about it. They are confused. I'm confused too, because, this is not the 1st phone I'm unlocking. It's always simple. Put in the code once and BAM, it's unlocked.

Does, anyone have a clue what I'm or WE are doing wrong? :unhappysweat:

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
At&T cannot give you a code because they don't have the code technically... I assume that they had given Lumia 900 code for you. I have a no commitment phone as well and they were not able to unlock the code, I spoke to almost 10 people Nokia and ATT. This has nothing to do with Nokia at any point but ATT cannot release the code because they have an Exclusivity contract with Nokia Lumia 920 and according to that, they cannot release the code. Its stupid and dumb but thats the way it is... :unhappy:

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to some team leaders and team managers in ATT
As per them they said that they dont have access to generate an unlock code or put an unlock code request at the moment because this phone is exclusively on ATT for 6 months.
For this company has paid a premium partnership charges and wont be giving unlock code till the exclusivity is lost.
They stated it was the same for iPhone when it was exclusive to ATT network.
I think this is the most logical explanation a person could give and we need to buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb