Anyone having issues with an Outlook account and EAS?

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an @live.com account that has been migrated over to outlook. It is setup on my L920 as an outlook account and is set for push email. Up until yesterday it had been working okay. Now it is not pushing email but rather it is between 15-20 minutes delayed, emails deleted on the phone don't delete from the server, calendar items aren't syncing correctly, etc..

I have removed the account and re-added it but it is still having issues. My gmail account that is on the 920 pushes email instantly so I don't think it's the phone. I did power cycle it. It is very annoying and rather disconcerting as I have already missed a couple of very important emails.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Open outlook - open email on phone - delete an email on phone and refresh outlook on pc (nothing changes), now select sync on phone and refresh outlook on pc and the email you just deleted on phone will be gone on the pc...

Last night everything disappeared on my phone calendar, and with no changes it came back later on. (Not sure whats going on there)

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Open outlook - open email on phone - delete an email on phone and refresh outlook on pc (nothing changes), now select sync on phone and refresh outlook on pc and the email you just deleted on phone will be gone on the pc...

Last night everything disappeared on my phone calendar, and with no changes it came back later on. (Not sure whats going on there)

Doing what you suggest defeats the purpose of push email. When I delete an email on the phone it should automatically sync back to the server and delete it from the server, hence EAS/push email. The new outlook webmail, aka OWA, then automatically syncs and sees that it was deleted and removes it from the list. But it isn't doing this. I cannot figure out why...it was doing this just fine up until yesterday.

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This is getting very annoying as I cannot pinpoint what is causing this. Cannot determine if this is a phone issue or an outlook/live account issue. When I send an email from my gmail account to my live account it arrives in my live inbox instantly but neither my ipad nor my 920 receive it for 10-20 minutes via EAS push email. But if I send an email from my live account to my gmail account it also lands in my gmail inbox instantly but my ipad and 920 get it instantly via EAS. So, I am lost as to what is causing this.

Both my ipad and 920 are currently on my home wifi network, which is connects to comcast hsi. The issue still happens if I disconnect the 920 from wifi and rely on at&t.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just double checked, mine seems to be working fine. Sends/Deletes/Receives/Read Flags are all working in both directions for me.
(mine is a direct exchange account created and hosted on my school districts exchange server) Maybe yours is stemming from the fact that your account was migrated over? Not sure.

Michael Weisberg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say that with the help of my local Microsoft Store we got this fixed. Here is what happened:

1. When I setup my phone and signed in with my live.com account it set it up as a 'microsoft account' (aka hotmail) and was using the server 'snt-m.hotmail.com'. This was working fine until a few days ago.
2. I setup the account a second time as an 'outlook' account and it was using the server 'blu-m.hotmail.com' and it was working perfectly.
3. So in the 'microsoft account' I changed the server from 'snt-m.hotmail.com' to 'blu-m.hotmail.com' and guess what....it starting using push email normally.
4. I removed the second 'outlook' account and set a series of test emails from my gmail account. All of them appeared instantly on the WP.

It seems what ever reason the 'snt-m.hotmail.com' server seems to be having issues with my live.com account. Have no idea why but I am just happy that we figured it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786